(单词翻译:单击)
希拉里卸任美国国务卿,约翰·克里出任美国第68任国务卿
无论希拉里·克林顿身在世界何处,都笼罩着摇滚明星般的期望 。
Will we have you back if I come back?
如果我回来的话,你们会回来吗?
Yes, yes!
是的,是的!
Oh, good!
哦,太好了!
Her texts, her hairstyles, her glasses went viral.
她的言谈,她的发型,她的眼镜都竞相传开 。
She said she didn't care.
她表示自己根本不在乎 。
I feel so relieved to be at the stage I'm at in my life right now, Jill, because, you know, if I wanna wear my glasses,
在这个阶段, 现在我的生活, 我感到很欣慰 。吉尔,因为,你知道,如果我想戴上我的眼镜,
I'm wearing my glasses. If I, you know, wanna pull my hair back, I'm pulling my hair back.
我就戴上 。如果,你知道,我想要把自己的头发弄回来,我也可以这样做 。
We want to re…
我们想重新…
Clinton tried to press that reset button with Russia.
克林顿曾试图对俄罗斯重新按下按钮 。
We worked hard to get the right Russian word. Do you think we got it?
我们努力工作以获得正确的俄语词 。你想我们成功了吗?
You get this wrong.
你弄错了 。
I got it wrong.
我弄错了 。
But she got lost in translation.
但是她迷失在翻译中 。
In Burma, she saw the birth pains of democracy.
在缅甸,她看到民主诞生的痛苦 。
But the fatal attack in Benghazi, Libya was her greatest regret, she says, “I take responsibility.”
但面对在班加西致命的攻击,利比亚成为她最大的遗憾,她说道:“我承担责任 。”
prompting a rare emotional outburst.
促使一种罕有的情感爆发 。
What different at this point does it make?
在这一点上什么不同呢?
She won praise from the man she tried to beat in the presidential election.
她赢得了试图在总统选举中击败自己的男子的赞扬 。
I think Hillary will go down as one of the finest Secretary of States we've had.
我认为希拉里将被认为是我们其中最优秀的国务卿 。
But will she run in 2016?
但她会在2016年参加竞选吗?
The answers only prompt more speculation.
答案只能促成更多的猜测 。
I have absolutely no plans to run.
我对此绝对没有任何计划 。
She flew almost a million miles, visited 112 countries.
她飞了近一百万英里,访问了112个国家 。
Kicked up her heels, threw back a few drinks on the side.
扬起她的高跟鞋,把一些饮料放在身侧 。
A month of illness grounded her at the end.
最后迎接她的是一个月的疾病 。
For me, it truly is a bittersweet moment to leave this room for the last time as Secretary of State.
对我来说, 最后一次作为国务卿离开这个房间真的是一个苦乐参半的时刻 。
Enter the next Secretary of State.
进入的是下一任国务卿的时代 。
American foreign policy is not defined by drones and deployments alone.
美国的外交政策不是由无人驾驶飞机和单独部署组成 。
John Kerry, tall, distinguished, gray-haired, son of a Foreign Service officer.
约翰·克里,高大,受人尊敬,头发花白,一位外交官员之子 。
If you are trying to get some daylight between me and Secretary Clinton, that's not gonna happen here today.
如果你试图在我和克林顿国务卿之间得到什么,今天在这里不会发生 。
As his confirmation hearing showed, the policy is likely to remain the same, but the personality will change more straight laced with a hint of humor.
随着他的听证会日渐临近,政策可能会保持不变,但是性格会改变的更掺有一丝幽默在其中 。