(单词翻译:单击)
"The chemicals that are in the watermelon rind work much like Viagra.
西瓜果皮里的化学物质就像伟哥 。
Oh, rollick!
哦,太有趣了 !
Give me two more. "
再给我两个 。
Just a week after the annual Watermelon Thump celebration in Luling, there's something new that watermelon growers can hang their hat on.
只是一年一度的西瓜庆典一个礼拜后,还有新的东西,西瓜种植者可以为其感到自豪了 。
The rind on watermelons has some of the same effects as Viagra.
西瓜果皮有一些物质和伟哥具有同样的效果 。
Really?
真的吗?
Yes.
是的 。
Really?
真的吗?
Ha ha ha
哈哈哈
Well give me another one.
再告诉我多一点 。
I'll get some more.
我会再详细了解的 。
Hah……
哈……
The director of Texas A&M's Fruit and Vegetable Improvement Center has discovered that watermelons have an ingredient that delivers Viagra-like effects and may even increase libido.
德州水果和蔬菜发展中心的主任发现西瓜有一种成分,可以提供伟哥的效果,会增加性欲 。
Maybe you need to raise the price.I don't get used to it.
也许你需要提高价格 。我还有点不习惯 。
Ha ha ha
哈哈哈
There is a catch. The phyto-nutrient called citrulline that relaxes the blood vessels is found in the highest concentrations in the part you generally don't eat, the watermelon rind.
有一点需要注意的是,在这瓜皮的部分中发现了大量的一种称为瓜氨酸的物质,它能疏松血管,而你一般不吃西瓜的外皮 。
Would it take like a whole watermelon rind to eat to do any good, I mean you might get yourself sick before you get yourself any help.
一个整体西瓜外果皮有很多好处,我的意思是,你可能就会在自己生病前就从瓜皮里面得到帮助 。
Have you ever eaten the rind?
你吃过瓜皮吗?
No, but I must start right now.
没有,但是我现在必须开始 。
Rinds are used in watermelon pickles and they are Kelly Allen's specialty.
瓜皮可以用于烹调西瓜泡菜而这是凯莉•艾伦的专长 。
My husband loves these, I don't know if it's because he eats these or not, but he dosen't have a problem.
我丈夫喜欢这些,我不知道这是否是因为他吃这些,但他没有问题 。
Neither does Hoyt Alford, according to his girl friend, Lois.
休伊特•阿尔弗德也没事,按照他的女友露易丝的说法 。
I don't know that you need them.
我不知道你需要它们 。
Oh, thank you. That's a compliment, isn't it?
噢,谢谢你 。那是一种称赞,不是吗?
Scientists are working to breed watermelons with higher concentrations of citrulline in the flesh, which may change Luling's image from being known for watermelons to something else.
科学家正在努力使西瓜的品种果肉中含有高浓度的瓜氨酸,这可能会改变西瓜的形象,以免用到别的事情上去 。
It might be a new aspect to our watermelon growing, I can tell you that, No pun intended, but, you know, but...
它可能是我们的西瓜生长一个新的方面,我可以告诉你们,没有双关,但是,你知道,但是……
注:听力文本来源于普特