(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
英国女王伊丽莎白二世登基60周年钻石禧庆典5日在高潮迭起的各项活动后落幕,数十万来自全英乃至世界各地的民众涌上伦敦街头,一睹女王乘坐金敞篷马车巡游的风采 。琼.里弗斯是出生于1933年的著名喜剧女演员 。她再次受访大卫莱特曼秀,称自己观看了英女王的钻石庆,颇具幽默感的她将与大家谈谈她心中的英女王?
I know that you have affinity to the royal family.
我知道你对于皇室成员很有亲和力 。
So did you watch the diamond jubilee?
所以你肯定是看了钻石庆典?
I was in tears, you know, cause I was very close to the queen.
我泪流满面,你知道,因为我非常接近女王 。
It was my first time to meet her.
这是我第一次见到她 。
You've met her, you haven't?
但你曾经见过她,不是这样吗?
You know. I only saw her around the stamp.
你懂的 。我只是在邮票上见过她老人家而已 。
And the first time I met her, I was so nervous.
而在我第一次见到她的时候,我非常紧张 。
I just went over and licked the back of her head.
我只是想去舔她的脑后 。
You were so nervous. Just a lick of that.
你确实很紧张 。只是想那样而已 。
Well, I can understand. Sure.
嗯,我能理解 。当然 。
I love them and they look happy and Kate, it's working out.
我爱他们,他们看起来很快乐而凯特也是如此 。
Thank God. Bcause marriage is always worries. She's so beautiful.
感谢上帝 。因为婚姻总是让人担忧 。但她那天确实非常漂亮 。
She looks like a lovely woman.
她看起来像一位楚楚动人的贵妇人 。
She is lovely and he is lovely and they started out long.
她非常可爱,他也很可爱的,他们开始 。
And I told them, he gave her Princess Diana's ring.
我告诉他们,他给她戴安娜王妃的戒指 。
You don't give…oh, poor, Dave, please.
不是你给…噢,太可怜了,戴夫,请继续 。
Here is a girl he is in love with.
这是一个他爱上的女孩 。
“Sweetheart, I want you to have my mother's ring.
“亲爱的,我希望你戴上我妈妈的这枚戒指 。
My mother and father hated each other, they think my brother was somebody else's.
我的母亲和父亲互相讨厌对方,他们认为我的哥哥是别人的 。
My mother was crazy, on drugs, tried to kill herself, then she screwed in Europe and guess what, they had her killed and good luck”. I've got…
我的母亲对于毒品非常疯狂,试图自杀,然后她在欧洲有次酩酊大醉,你猜随后情况如何,他们杀了她而且祝她好运” 。我对此非常…
Well, I see, I never seen as a jew, I wouldn't take that ring.
嗯,我明白了,我从来没有看到过,即使作为一名犹太人,我也不会要那枚戒指 。
Even as a jew, wouldn't take it.
即使作为一名犹太人,我也不能接受 。
内容精讲
1. affinity n.姻亲;密切关系
eg. She feels a strong affinity to him.
她感到他对她有很强的吸引力 。
2. diamond jubilee n.纪念或者庆典
eg. My parents are celebrating their golden jubilee.
我父母正在庆祝他们的金婚纪念 。
3. screwed a.<俚>喝醉了的<俚>俚>
eg. I often wonder whether you've got your head screwed on.
我常常不知道你是不是头脑清醒 。
4. start out出发,着手进行
eg. We start out with some really basic principles.
我们从一些最基本的原理出发 。