(单词翻译:单击)
拉里•金是第一个在世界范围内享有盛誉的脱口秀节目主持人,有世界最富盛名的王牌主持人之称
。2010年6月29日,76岁的拉里•金在节目中宣布当年秋天从CNN退休 。今天在接受采访时,拉里金与主持人互换位置,重温当主持人的感觉 。This is such, I can't tell you how fun it is. If you ever wanna take a night off, I will do the show.
这非常,我不能告诉你有多好玩 。如果你曾经想过一个晚上,我要做这个节目 。
Go ahead, right now. Right now. All you have to do is, well sit there.
去吧,现在 。现在 。你所要做的就是,坐在那里 。
Move over.
过去一点 。
Well, you could interview me, but...
嗯,你可以采访我,但是……
Good, you sit here, I'll sit there.
好,你坐在这里,我坐在那里 。
Nah.
算了 。
You're afraid, aren't you?
你害怕了?
What? I'm afraid of what?
什么?我怕什么?
You're afraid.
你害怕了 。
I'm afraid of what? Wait, wait, don't start.
我怕什么?等等,等等,不要开始 。
You're afraid. You're afraid that one of the suits will tune in magically to see about Pepto Bismol Commercial.
你害怕了 。你害怕在西装的氛围中神奇地去看胆战心惊的商业广告 。
You come on, come on. All right, come on in, help yourself, there you go.
你来,跟我来 。好吧,来吧,帮助你自己,你可以的 。
I have a great guest…
我有位很棒的嘉宾…
Let me tell you about my movie.
让我告诉你关于我的电影 。
Well, I, have a great guest tonight, Craig Ferguson, one of the classically night entertainers. Do you miss Scotland? You think about Scotland much?
嗯,我今晚有一个很棒的嘉宾,克雷格•弗格森,经典的夜晚娱乐家 。你想念苏格兰?你认为苏格兰怎么样?
No, no, not at all.
不,不,一点也不 。
Why not?
为什么不呢?
I just get on the plane and it goes right there. Every single time, I've landed right on it.
我刚登上飞机,马上就会在那里 。每一次,我都会去的 。
Your planes go non-stop to Scotland?
你的飞机直飞到苏格兰吗?
Plane's go to…from New York they go, they don't go from Los Angeles. You know why?
飞机从纽约去…他们去的时候、他们不从洛杉矶 。你知道为什么吗?
Why?
为什么?
Because it's too far.
因为它太远了 。
Were you a funny kid?
你是一个有趣的孩子?
No, nor am I a funny adult, so…
不,我也不是一个有趣的成人,所以…
You were not a funny kid?
你不是一个有趣的孩子?
No, I wasn't really, no. It didn't do to be you, but you should be, oh, look, it says Craig Ferguson. Ah...
不,我真的不是,不 。你也没有这样做,但你应该是,哦,瞧,它说克雷格•弗格森 。啊……
No, it doesn't. You see, they are not sure.
不,不是 。你看,他们也不确定 。
They are not sure.
他们也不确定 。
Oh, yeah, it says.
噢,是的,它是这样说的 。
The Late Late Show with "to whom it may concede".
这个节目后即将播出谁来承认 。
Look how small that is.
看起来很短的节目 。
Yeah, I know.
是的,我知道 。
They can take that off in a minute.
他们可以在一分钟内结束 。
Oh, sure.
噢,当然可以 。
I'm not kidding you, Larry. I could leave and they'd be like Have we met?
我没开玩笑,拉里 。我可以离开,他们还是会说我们见过面吗?
I have no doubt about it. In fact, I'm convinced.
我已经毫无疑问 。事实上,我确信 。
If they tuned it on, they'd be like Oh, when did Larry start on that network?
如果他们打开它,他们会说哦,拉里什么时候开始出现在那网络上了?
Oh, I'm so glad we signed him.
哦,我很高兴我们签下他 。
Yeah, yeah. I bet their ratings just went up.
是啊,是啊 。我打赌它们的评级肯定增加了 。
注:听力文本来源于普特