(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
yeah
请问
youth voting...
年轻人的选票
yes the question is the campus voting swing to the Republican direction in the 1980s
他的问题是大学生选民在80年代是否曾较为倾向共和党?
certainly the youth vote did in the 1980s
80年代的时候的确如此
Ronald Reagan was winning the youth vote
当时里根获得了很多年轻人的支持
and even to some extent on college campuses
甚至赢得了不少大学生的支持
again it depends on what school you're talking about. We discussed this on the blog a little bit
不过这也需要具体情况具体分析 我们在博客上就这个问题进行过讨论
engineering agricultural schools tend to be not as Democratic voting as liberal arts colleges
例如农业 工程类的学校就不如自由气息浓厚的艺术学院那么支持民主党
and again we can...
同样 我们可以
we'll see some of these in the county level maps
从一些县级地图中找到相关的证据
I'll show you later on
等会儿会给你们看
so, an important point
这是一个很重要的补充
yes
请提问
so last time we said how college towns voted blue except Columbia Missouri where University of Missouri is
上次你提到过大学城几乎都泛蓝 除了密苏里的哥伦比亚县 密苏里大学所在地
went blue this time
这次它也泛蓝了
yes so I called my sister, she lives there
所以我给我姐打了电话 她住那儿
I have a sister who lives there, too and yes it's...
我也有个姐姐住在那 这......
and did you call your sister?
那你给你姐打电话了吗?
yeah I did talk to her, yes
有啊 我有跟她聊过
视频及简介
这一集仔细分析了08年美国总统大选的选情,从教育程度、宗教、人种、郊县的发展趋势等各方面阐述了奥巴马获胜的原因,以及民主党08年支持率上升的具体趋势。亮点:是投给民主党还是共和党呢?这里面的奥妙特别多。跟性别、年龄、受教育程度、富裕程度、人种、宗教都有关系。80多岁老人可能更倾向于民主党,因为奥巴马对经济危机的乐观态度和许以民众的美好未来,让他们想起了罗斯福在面临大萧条时的英雄形象,对此,他们常怀感激。