冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第580期:第二十八章 布兰(30)
日期:2015-12-22 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

More to say? Mord held the strap between his fists and gave it a sharp pull.
还要说吗?莫德双手各握皮带一端,猛力一扯,
The snap made Tyrion jump. The turnkey laughed.
啪的一声把提利昂吓得跳脚,狱卒乐得哈哈大笑。
He won't push me over, Tyrion told himself desperately as he crawled away from the edge.
他不敢把我推下去,提利昂一边从崖边爬回来,一边绝望地告诉自己。
Catelyn Stark wants me alive, he doesn't dare kill me.
凯特琳·史塔克要留我活口,他绝对不敢杀我。
He wiped the blood off his lips with the back of his hand, grinned, and said, That was a stiff one, Mord.
他用手背抹抹唇上的血,嘻嘻笑道:莫德,刚刚那下可真带劲。
The gaoler squinted at him, trying to decide if he was being mocked.
狱卒眯眼看他,不知这是讽刺还是真心话。
I could make good use of a strong man like you.
我用得着你这么强壮的人。
The strap flew at him, but this time Tyrion was able to cringe away from it.
皮带打过来,但这回提利昂缩身闪过。
He took a glancing blow to the shoulder, nothing more.
我说的可是金子,他像只螃蟹似地爬回来。
Gold, he repeated, scrambling backward like a crab, more gold than you'll see here in a lifetime.
重复道,你一辈子都用不完的金子。
Enough to buy land, women, horses,you could be a lord. Lord Mord.
买土地、女人、好马都不成问题…你还可以当个贵族老爷。莫德大人,听起来不赖吧?
Tyrion hawked up a glob of blood and phlegm and spat it out into the sky.
提利昂咳出一大口血和黏黏的东西,朝天空吐去。
Is no gold, Mord said.
没有金子。莫德说。
He's listening! Tyrion thought. They relieved me of my purse when they captured me, but the gold is still mine.
他上钩了!提利昂心想。他们抓我的时候把我的钱包搜走了,但钱还是我的。
Catelyn Stark might take a man prisoner, but she'd never stoop to rob him.
凯特琳·史塔克抓的是我的人,不至于纡尊降贵,抢我的钱。
That wouldn't be honorable. Help me, and all the gold is yours.
干那种事不光彩。只要你肯帮我,里面所有的金子都是你的了。
Mord's strap licked out, but it was a halfhearted, desultory swing, slow and contemptuous.
莫德的皮带再度扑来,但只是漫不经心地一挥,动作缓慢,充满轻蔑。
Tyrion caught the leather in his hand and held it prisoned.
提利昂伸手抓住皮带,这下他成了他的囚犯。
There will be no risk to you. All you need do is deliver a message.
你完全不用冒风险,只要帮我传个口信就成。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

分享到
重点单词
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • desultoryadj. 散漫的,断断续续的,不连贯的
  • prisonern. 囚犯
  • contemptuousadj. 轻视的
  • cringev. 畏缩,谄媚,奉承 vi. 奉承,卑躬屈膝,畏缩,退
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • honorableadj. 光荣的,可敬的,尊敬的 =honourable
  • robv. 抢劫,掠夺
  • halfheartedadj. 不认真的;不热心的;无兴趣的