冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第266期:第十八章 赫德(7)
日期:2014-08-25 16:29

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Ninety thousand gold pieces, Littlefinger sighed. And we must not neglect the other costs. Robert will want a prodigious feast.
一共九万金币。小指头叹道,还得加上其他开销。想也知道劳勃一定要大宴宾客。
That means cooks, carpenters, serving girls, singers, jugglers, fools.
也就是说我们需要厨师、木匠、女侍、歌手、戏子伶人和杂耍傻子…
Fools we have in plenty, Lord Renly said.
傻子我们倒是不愁找到。蓝礼公爵说。
Grand Maester Pycelle looked to Littlefinger and asked, Will the treasury bear the expense?
派席尔总师看着小指头问:国库付得出这笔款子?
What treasury is that? Littlefinger replied with a twist of his mouth.
哪来的国库?小指头撇撇嘴,
Spare me the foolishness, Maester. You know as well as I that the treasury has been empty for years.
大学士您就别装蒜了,你我都很清楚国库已经空了好多年。
I shall have to borrow the money. No doubt the Lannisters will be accommodating.
还不是得伸手借钱,想必兰尼斯特家会很乐意支援。
We owe Lord Tywin some three million dragons at present, what matter another hundred thousand?
反正咱们已经欠了泰温大人三百多万金龙,再借个几十万算什么?
Ned was stunned. Are you claiming that the Crown is three million gold pieces in debt?
奈德震惊无比。你说王室负债高达三百万金币?
The Crown is more than six million gold pieces in debt, Lord Stark. The Lannisters are the biggest part of it,
史塔克大人,此刻王室负债总额超过六百万。兰尼斯特家是最大的债主,
but we have also borrowed from Lord Tyrell, the Iron Bank of Braavos, and several Tyroshi trading cartels.
但我们也向提利尔大人、布拉佛斯的铁金库,还有好些泰洛西商行借过款。
Of late I've had to turn to the Faith. The High Septon haggles worse than a Dornish fishmonger.
最近我不得不另辟财源,把主意动到了教会头上,总主教大人讨价还价的本领之高,连多恩的鱼贩都比不上。
Ned was aghast. Aerys Targaryen left a treasury flowing with gold. How could you let this happen?
奈德简直错愕到无以复加。伊里斯·坦格利安留下了堆积如山的金银财宝,你怎么会让它沦落到这步田地?
Littlefinger gave a shrug. The master of coin finds the money. The king and the Hand spend it.
小指头耸肩:财政大臣只管找钱,花钱的是国王和首相。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.as well as 也;和…一样

He plays the guitar as well as you.
他的吉他弹得和你一样好。

She can play tennis as well as basketball.
她也会打篮球,也会打网球。

2.in debt 负债;欠情

Gambling laid him in debt.
赌博使他负了债。

Bad management will land the company in debt.
经营不善会使公司负债。

分享到
重点单词
  • foolishnessn. 愚蠢;可笑
  • treasuryn. 国库,宝库 (大写)财政部,国债
  • flowingadj. 流动的;平滑的;上涨的 v. 流动;起源;上涨
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • neglectvt. 忽视,疏忽,忽略 n. 疏忽,忽视
  • accommodatingadj. 乐于助人的 动词accommodate的现在分
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • guitarn. 吉他
  • twistv. 拧,捻,搓,扭曲 n. 扭曲,盘旋,捻,拧