冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第308期:第十九章 艾莉亚(13)
日期:2014-10-28 15:04

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

There were other wolves for her to play with, we heard them howling, and Jory said the woods were full of game, so she'd have deer to hunt.
她该去找其他狼玩,我们听见好多狼在叫,乔里说森林里猎物很多,她可以去追捕野鹿,
Only she kept following, and finally we had to throw rocks. I hit her twice.
可她偏偏要跟着我们,最后我们才不得不丢石头赶她。我打中她两次,
She whined and looked at me and I felt so 'shamed, but it was right, wasn't it? The queen would have killed her.
她边哀嚎边看着我,我觉得好羞耻,但这样做是正确的对不对?不然王后会杀她的。
It was right, her father said. And even the lie was...not without honor. He'd put Needle aside when he went to Arya to embrace her.
你做得没错,父亲说,有时谎言也能…不失荣誉。方才他趋身拥抱艾莉亚时把缝衣针放在一边,
Now he took the blade up again and walked to the window, where he stood for a moment, looking out across the courtyard.
这会儿他又拾起短剑,踱至窗边。他在那里驻足片刻,视线穿过广场,望向远方。
When he turned back, his eyes were thoughtful. He seated himself on the window seat, Needle across his lap. Arya, sit down.
等他回过头来,眼里满是思绪。他在窗边坐下,把缝衣针平放膝上。艾莉亚,坐下来。
I need to try and explain some things to you.
有些事我要试着跟你解释清楚。
She perched anxiously on the edge of her bed. You are too young to be burdened with all my cares, he told her, but you are also a Stark of Winterfell.
她不安地在床边坐下。你年纪还太小,本不该让你分担我所有的忧虑。他告诉她,但你是临冬城史塔克家族的一份子,
You know our words.
你也知道我们的族语。
Winter is coming, Arya whispered.
凛冬将至。艾莉亚轻声说。
The hard cruel times, her father said.
是的,艰苦而残酷的时代即将来临,父亲说,
We tasted them on the Trident, child, and when Bran fell. You were born in the long summer, sweet one, you've never known anything else, but now the winter is truly coming.
我们在三叉戟河上尝到了这种滋味,孩子,布兰坠楼时也是。你生于漫长的盛夏时节,我亲爱的好孩子,至今还未经历其他季节,然而现在冬天真的要来了。
Remember the sigil of our House, Arya.
艾莉亚,不论何时何地,我要你牢牢记住我们的家徽。
The direwolf, she said, thinking of Nymeria. She hugged her knees against her chest, suddenly afraid.
冰原狼。她边说边想起娜梅莉亚,不由得缩起膝盖、靠着胸膛,害怕了起来。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.play with 同…一起玩;玩弄

It's wrong for a man to play with a woman's affections.
男人玩弄女人的情感是错误的。

Don't play with me.
别耍弄我了。

2.walk to 步行去;向…走去

They always walk to school together.
他们总是一起步行去上学。

If I take a shortcut, I can walk to school for only five minutes.
如果抄近路, 我只要步行5分钟就能到学校。

分享到
重点单词
  • thoughtfuladj. 深思的,体贴的
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • bladen. 刀锋,刀口
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • courtyardn. 庭院,院子
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • needlen. 针 vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄 vi. 缝纫
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad