(单词翻译:单击)
听力原文
For a moment Jon was too frightened to move. Why would the Lord Commander want to see him?
一时之间琼恩吓得不敢动弹。为什么总司令要见他?
They had heard something about Benjen, he thought wildly, he was dead, the vision had come true. Is it my uncle? he blurted. Is he returned safe?
难道他们有了班扬的消息,他胡乱揣测,一定是他死了,他的想像果然成真。是我叔叔的事吗?他冲口而问,他平安回来了吗?
The Lord Commander is not accustomed to waiting, was Ser Alliser's reply.
司令大人平素可不习惯等人。艾里沙这么回答,
And I am not accustomed to having my commands questioned by bastards.
而我更不习惯下了命令还要听野种问东问西。
Tyrion Lannister swung off the bench and rose. Stop it, Thorne. You're frightening the boy.
提利昂·兰尼斯特霍地跳下长凳,站起身道:够了,索恩,你吓着他了。
Keep out of matters that don't concern you, Lannister. You have no place here.
兰尼斯特,你少管闲事,你没资格在这儿说话。
I have a place at court, though, the dwarf said, smiling.
在朝廷里就不一样喽。侏儒微笑,
A word in the right ear, and you'll die a sour old man before you get another boy to train.
我只消几句,你下半辈子就准备当个孤苦老人,别想再训练小毛头了。
Now tell Snow why the Old Bear needs to see him. Is there news of his uncle?
快告诉雪诺熊老找他干嘛,到底是不是他叔叔的事?
No, Ser Alliser said. This is another matter entirely. A bird arrived this morning from Winterfell, with a message that concerns his brother.
不是。艾里沙道,完全两码子事。今天早上有信鸦从临冬城飞来,带来他弟弟的消息。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。
妙语连珠
1.want to 想要做;想要…
I want to insure my house.
我要为自己的住宅保险。
We want to be quite clear on this point.
关于这一点,我们要完全弄清。
2.need to 需要;需要做
You need to touch up the poem.
你需要给这首诗润色一下。
Do we need to discuss this question?Yes.
这个问题还用得着讨论吗?要讨论。