(单词翻译:单击)
听力原文
A face swam up at him out of the grey mist, shining with light, golden. The things I do for love, it said.
一张脸从灰雾中浮现,闪耀着金色的光芒。好好想一想,我为爱情做了些什么,它说。
Bran screamed.
布兰尖叫起来。
The crow took to the air, cawing. Not that, it shrieked at him. Forget that, you do not need it now, put it aside, put it away.
乌鸦腾空飞起,嘎嘎大叫。不是那个,它对他嘶声叫道,忘记那个,你现在需要的不是它,忘记那件事,抛开那个念头。
It landed on Bran's shoulder, and pecked at him, and the shining golden face was gone.
它停在布兰肩头,啄他,那张亮澄澄的金黄脸孔便随即消失。
Bran was falling faster than ever. The grey mists howled around him as he plunged toward the earth below.
这时,布兰越掉越快,朝地面急速扑去,灰雾在他耳际怒吼。
What are you doing to me? he asked the crow, tearful.
你对我做了什么?他噙着眼泪问乌鸦。
Teaching you how to fly.
我在教你飞。
I can't fly!
我不会飞!
You're flying tight now.
你现在不就在飞。
I'm falling!
我在往下掉!
Every flight begins with a fall, the crow said. Look down.
飞,都是从坠落开始的,乌鸦说,往下看。
I'm afraid?
我怕…
LOOK DOWN!
往下看!
Bran looked down, and felt his insides turn to water. The ground was rushing up at him now.
布兰往下看,觉得五脏六腑简直都要融化。
The whole world was spread out below him, a tapestry of white and brown and green.
地面正朝他迎面袭来,整个世界摊在下方,如同一幅五颜六色的织锦。
He could see everything so clearly that for a moment he forgot to be afraid. He could see the whole realm, and everyone in it.
每一件事物都清晰无比,他甚至暂时忘却了恐惧。王国全境和行走其间的形色人事尽收眼底。
He saw Winterfell as the eagles see it, the tall towers looking squat and stubby from above, the castle walls just lines in the dirt.
他以翱空翔鹰之姿俯瞰临冬城,高处观之,原本高耸的塔楼竟显得矮胖,城墙则成了泥地上的线条。
He saw Maester Luwin on his balcony, studying the sky through a polished bronze tube and frowning as he made notes in a book.
他看到阳台上的鲁温师傅,一边用只擦得晶亮的青铜管子观测天象,一边皱着眉头在记事本上涂涂写写。
He saw his brother Robb, taller and stronger than he remembered him, practicing swordplay in the yard with real steel in his hand.
他看见哥哥罗柏在广场上练习剑术,手中拿着精钢打造的真正武器,个头比记忆中更要高壮。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。
语连珠
1.teach to 教
From what to teach to how to teach.
从教什么到如何教的转变。
If I perceive your meaning correctly, then you believe children shall be teach to love flower?
如果我没弄错您的意思,那么您想念应该教孩子们爱花?
2.begin with 以…开始,从…开始
Mr mufuruki was not expecting much to begin with.
开始,米夫鲁基并没有寄予太多希望。
Let me begin with human brutalities towards those wild animals.
我首先要讲的是人类对野生动物的凶残行径。
3.turn to 变成,求助于,借助于
For evidence that this is possible, turn to sweden.
至于这方面成功的案例,请把目光转向瑞典。
You have to turn to relative valuations to make shares look cheap.
若要使股价看起来便宜,你就不得不求助于相对估值法了。