小故事背诵达人 第503期:What Friendship Means to Me?
日期:2014-09-03 17:35

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

What Friendship Means to Me?
友谊对我意味着什么
I have a list of folks I know all written in a book, and every now and then I go and take a look. That is when I realize these names they're a part, not of the book they're written in but taken from the heart.
我在一个本子里记下了很多朋友的名字,偶尔翻开瞧瞧时,我意识到这些名字不仅记在本子上,而且记在心灵深处。
For each name stands for someone who crossed my path sometime, and in that meeting they have become the reason and the rhyme. it may sound fantastic for me to take this claim, but I really am composed of each remembered name. You may not be aware of any special link, but just knowing you has shaped my life more than you could ever think.
每一个名字都代表着一个人,他们在特定时间进入我的生命轨迹,因为与他们相遇,我找到了人生的意义和韵律。我这样说可能听起来很不可思议,但我其实是由记忆中的每一个名字共同塑造而成。你可能意识不到这其中有丝毫特殊的联系,然而你的出现给我的生活带来重大影响,远远超出你的想象。
Please don't think my greeting as just a mere routine, your name was not forgotten in-between. For when I send a greeting that is addressed to you, it is because you're on the list of folks I'm indebted to. So whether I've known you for many days or few, in some ways you have a part in shaping things I do. I total up the many folks I've met, and you're a friend I would prefer never to forget.
不要以为我的问候只是形式,你的名字在问候中不会被遗忘。我向你打招呼,是因为你是我要感激的人。所以不管我认识你很久还是几天,在某种程度上你都会影响我的处事方式。我将遇到的人记在一起,你就是我永远不能忘怀的朋友。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. every now and then
时而;有时;
eg. Every now and then, John Henry would remember the strange dream he had had years before.
约翰·亨利不时地回想起几年前做过的那个奇异的梦。
eg. She comes to visit us every now and then.
她时常来看望我们。
2. stand for
代表,表示;
eg. The five rings on the Olympic flag stand for the five continents.
奥林匹克运动会会旗上的五环代表五大洲。
eg. The letter "x" is often used to stand for an unknown number.
字母x常被用来代表一个未知数。
3. be composed of
组成;构成;
eg. The houses in my hometown were chiefly composed of wood.
我家乡的房子过去多由木料制成。
eg. The university is composed of five academic schools.
整个大学由5个学院组成。
4. be aware of
注意到的;察觉到的;意识到的;
eg. Even students appear to have been aware of the dangers.
甚至连学生们似乎都曾觉察到了危险。
eg. Sometimes we are not consciously aware of these feelings.
有时候我们没有意识到这些情感。
5. be addressed to
寄往;寄给;
eg. The letter was addressed to the occupier of the house.
这封信是写给这所房子的住户的。
eg. I took the liberty of reading the letter, even though it was addressed to you.
尽管这封信是写给你的,但是我冒昧地看过了。
6. be indebted to
感激的;感恩的;
eg. I am deeply indebted to him for his help.
我非常感激他对我的帮助。
eg. He'll always be indebted to you for what you have done.
对于你所做的事情,他会一直感激你。
7. in some ways
(某个)方面;(某)点;
eg. These paintings are in some ways a reminder that earthly pleasures are ephemeral.
这些画在某种意义上提醒人们世俗的享乐是短暂的。
eg. This story reminds me of another movie in some ways.
在某些方面,这个故事让我想起了另一个电影。

分享到
重点单词
  • unknownadj. 未知的,不出名的
  • indebtedadj. 负债的,受惠的
  • remindern. 提醒物,提示
  • consciouslyadv. 有意识地,自觉地
  • routinen. 例行公事,常规,无聊 adj. 常规的,例行的,乏
  • academicadj. 学术的,学院的,理论的 n. 大学教师,
  • rhymen. 韵,押韵,韵文 vt. 押韵,用韵诗表达 vi.
  • composedadj. 镇静的,沉着的
  • ephemeraladj. 朝生暮死的,生命短暂的 n. 生存极短时间的事
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无