(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
Bilingual Dog
能说两种语言的狗
A police dog responds to an ad for work with the FBI.
一只警犬应征去联邦调查局工作。
"Well," says the personnel director, "You'll have to meet some strict requirements. First, you must type at least 60 words per minute."
“是这样的,”人事主管说,“你必须符合一些严格的要求。首先,你的打字速度要达到至少每分钟60个字。”
Sitting down at the typewriter, the dog types out 80 words per minute.
那只狗坐在打字机前,打出了每分钟80个字。
"Also," says the director, "You must pass a physical and complete the obstacle course."
“其次,”主管接着说,“你要通过体格检查并完成障碍训练。”
This perfect canine specimen finishes the course in record time.
这只健壮的狗以破记录的时间完成了训练。
"There's one last requirement," the director continues, "you must be bilingual."
“还有最后一项要求,”主管继续道,“你要能说两种语言。”
With conidence, the dog looks up at him and says, "Meow!"
那只狗自信地抬起头看着他说:“喵!”
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. respond to
作出回应;作出反应;
eg. You should deliberate over the question before you respond to it.
回答问题之前你应该慎重考虑。
eg. They were prompt to respond to our call for help.
他们对我们的求助迅即回应。
2. type out
(用打字机或文字处理器)把…完全打出来;
eg. The two of us stood by while two typists typed out the whole document again.
当两个打字员重新打出文件全文的时候,我们俩就站在旁边。
eg. I read it down the phone to a man called Dave, who typed it out.
我在电话里把它从头到尾地读给一个叫戴夫的人,他则把它全部打出来。
3. with confidence
肯定;把握;
eg. I can say with confidence that such rumors were totally groundless.
我可以肯定地说这样的谣言完全没有根据。
eg. The band is on excellent form and brimming with confidence.
这支乐队状态极佳,自信满满。