小故事背诵达人 第229期:A silly husband
日期:2013-05-30 10:11

(单词翻译:单击)

A silly husband
愚蠢的丈夫
One morning Mrs. Perry said to her husband,"Jack, there's a meeting of our ladies' club at Mrs. Young's house at lunch time today, and I want to go to it. I'll leave you some food for your lunch. Is that all right?"
一天早上,佩里太太对丈夫说:“杰克,今天午饭时,我们女士俱乐部要在杨太太家开个会,我想去。我给你准备一些午餐。好吗?”

"Oh, yes," her husband answered,"that's quite all right. What are you going to leave for my lunch?"
“哦,行,”丈夫说,“没关系。你给我留什么午饭?”
"This tin of fish," Mrs. Perry said." And there are some cold, boiled potatoes and some beans here,too."
“这一罐是鱼。”佩里太太说:“还有一罐煮过的土豆和豆子。”
"Good," Then Mrs. Perry went to her meeting. All the ladies had lunch at Mrs. Young's house and at three o'clock Mrs. Perry came home.
“好的。”于是佩里太太就开会去了。所有飞女士们都在杨太太家吃午饭。三点的时候,佩里太太回家了。
" Was your fish nice, Jack?" she asked.
“杰克,你的鱼好吃吗?”她问。
"Yes, but my feet are hurting," he answered.
“是的,可是我的脚很疼。”他回答。
"Why are they hurting?" Mrs. Perry asked.
“为什么疼呢?”佩里太太问道。
"Well, on the tin it was written-OPEN THE TIN AND STAND IN HOT WATER FOR FIVE MINUTES."
“哦,罐头盖上写着:打开罐头,在热水里立五分钟。”

分享到
重点单词
  • tinn. 罐头,锡,听头 adj. 锡制的 vt. 镀锡于
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟