(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
Boss Quotes
老板的话
We are going to continue having these meetings, everyday, until I find out why no work is getting done.
这样的会议我们要每天开,一直开下去,直到我弄清楚为什么工作没有完成。
I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.
我没说这是你的错,我只是说要归咎于你。
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
精神面貌改变了才能扭转败局。
We passed over a lot of good people to get the ones we hire.
为了找到我们要用的人,我们刷掉了很多人才。
I'm sorry if I ever gave you the impression your input would have any effect on my decision for the outcome of this project!
如果我给了你你会影响到我对这个项目的决策这种印象的话,我很抱歉!
What you see as a glass ceiling, I see as a protective barrier.
你眼里的玻璃天花板是我的保护墙。
I see you've had no computer training. Although that qualifies you for upper management, it means you're under-qualified for our entry level positions.
我注意到你没有接受过电脑知识的相关培训,虽然这一点使你有资格进入管理层,但是你却不能胜任我们的初级职位。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. blame sth. on sb.
把责任归咎于某人;
eg. The president put the blame squarely on his opponent.
总统把责任完全推给了他的对手。
eg. Ms Carey appeared to blame her breakdown on EMI's punishing work schedule.
凯丽女士似乎将她的精神崩溃归咎于百代唱片公司高度紧张的工作日程安排。
2. pass over
(任命或晋升时)跳过,不考虑;不提及,忽略,跳过;
eg. She claimed she was repeatedly passed over for promotion.
她声称在晋升时自己被一次又一次地排除在外。
eg. They seem to think her crimes should be passed over in silence.
他们似乎认为应该对她的罪行保持沉默。
3. glass ceiling
玻璃天花板,隐形顶障(指社会上限制女性升迁的态度和传统);
eg. In her current role she broke through the glass ceiling as the first woman to reach senior management level in the company.
她冲破了职场上那道无形的障碍升至现在的职位,成为公司里第一个升至高级管理层的女性。
eg. They're now seeing their daughters hitting the glass ceiling and they are horrified at the effects.
他们现在目睹自己的女儿们遭遇升迁的障碍,其结果令他们大为震惊。