小故事背诵达人 第347期:What Did the Doctor Say?
日期:2013-11-26 10:31

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

What Did the Doctor Say?
医生说什么了?
A woman accompanied her husband to the doctor's office.
妻子陪丈夫去看医生。
After his checkup, the doctor called the wife into his office alone. He said, "Your husband is suffering from a very severe functional disorder. If you don't follow my instructions carefully, your husband will surely die.
检查之后,医生把妻子单独叫到办公室,对她说:“你丈夫患有严重的功能紊乱。如果你不能严格按照医嘱做,他一定会死的。”
"Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast. Be pleasant at all times. For lunch make him a nutritious meat. For dinner prepare an especially nice meal for him.
“每天早上给他做一顿健康早餐。让他保持心情舒畅。午餐要给他增加营养,晚饭更要精心准备。”
"Don't burden him with chores. Don't discuss your problems with him. Do not nag him.
“不要让他做家务;不要和他讨论问题;不要对他唠叨不休。”
"If you can do this for the next 10 months to a year, I think your husband will regain his health completely."
“如果你能坚持这样做10个月到1年,我相信你的丈夫会完全康复的。”
On the way home, the husband asked his wife, "What did the doctor say?"
回家的路上,丈夫问妻子:“医生说什么了?”
"He said you're going to die," she replied.
她答道:“他说你要死了。”

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. suffer from
(因疾病或处于其他不利境地而)受苦,受难,受折磨;
eg. I often suffer from unaccountable headaches.
我常莫名其妙地头疼。
eg. I realized he was suffering from shock.
我意识到他休克了。
eg. She suffered from the gossip of her neighbors.
她因为邻居们的闲言碎语而感到困扰。
2. fix
fix some food/drink准备/做(食物或饮料);
eg. Let me fix you a drink.
我给你弄杯饮料吧。
eg. Scotty stayed behind to fix lunch.
斯科蒂留下来做午饭。
3. burden sb. with sth.
使烦恼;烦扰;
eg. We decided not to burden him with the news.
我们决定不拿这个消息去烦他。
eg. I don't want to burden you with my problem.
我不想让我的问题给你添麻烦。

分享到
重点单词
  • regainv. 恢复,重回,复得
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • functionaladj. 功能的,有功能的,实用的
  • nagn. 小马,驽马,竞赛马 v. 不断地唠叨恼人,说话唠叨
  • nutritiousadj. 有营养的,滋养的
  • severeadj. 剧烈的,严重的,严峻的,严厉的,严格的
  • disordern. 杂乱,混乱 vt. 扰乱