小故事背诵达人 第367期:I Didn't Get Any Money This Time
日期:2013-12-23 18:46

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

I Didn't Get Any Money This Time
我这次没钱了
A man in a bar sees a friend at a table, drinking by himself.
一个人去酒吧,看到一个朋友独自一人坐在桌旁喝酒。
Approaching the friend he comments, "You look terrible. What's the problem?"
他走上前去,问道:“你看上去很不好,出什么事了?”
"My mother died in November," he said, "and left me $50,000."
“11月我妈妈去世了,”他的朋友答道,“留给我5万块钱。”
"Gee, that's tough," he replied.
“哎呀,太不幸了。”
"Then in December," the friend continued, "My father died, leaving me $98,000."
“跟着12月我的父亲又去世了,留给我9万8千块钱。”
"Wow. Two parents gone in two months. No wonder you're depressed."
“天哪,双亲在两个月内相继去世,难怪你这么消沉。”
"And last month my aunt died, and left me $20,000."
“上个月我姑姑去世了,留给我2万块钱。”
"Three close family members lost in three months? How sad."
“三个月里失去三位近亲?这太令人伤心了。”
"Then this month," continued the friend, "absolutely nothing!"
“可是这个月,”他的朋友接着说道,“什么也没有了。”

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. what's the problem
口语常用;表示怎么了;有什么问题;
eg. Why not? What's the problem? Did you have a fight?
为什么?发生什么事了?你跟她吵架了?
eg. What's the problem with you folks?
朋友你有什么吗?
eg. Stop beating around the bush and talk to me. What's the problem.
别和我绕圈子了,有什么问题,直说吧。
2. no wonder
(表示找出某事的原因)难怪,怪不得;
eg. No wonder my brother wasn't feeling well.
难怪我兄弟感觉不舒服了。
eg. Brad was Jane's brother! No wonder he reminded me so much of her!
布拉德是简的兄弟!怪不得他老是让我想起她呢!
eg. He had made a thorough investigation. No wonder he knew so much about it.
他对此事做了彻底的调查,怪不得他了解得那么多。

分享到
重点单词
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • thoroughadj. 彻底的,完全的,详尽的,精心的