(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
A Man's Guide to What a Woman Is Really Saying
女人话语隐含意义指南
I JUST NEED SOME SPACE.
我需要一些空间。
... without you in it.
……没有你在里面。
DO I LOOK FAT IN THIS DRESS?
我穿这身衣服是不是显胖?
We haven't had a fight in a while.
我们有段时间没吵架了。
NO, PIZZA'S FINE.
不,不,吃比萨饼就很好。
... you cheap slob!
……你这个抠门的家伙!
I JUST DON'T WANT A BOYFRIEND NOW.
我现在还不想交男朋友。
I just don't want you as a boyfriend now.
我就是不想你做我男朋友。
I DON'T KNOW. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?
我不知道。你想做什么?
I can't believe you have nothing planned.
我简直不敢相信你竟然毫无计划。
COME HERE.
过来。
My puppy does this, too.
我的小狗也是这样的。
I LIKE YOU, BUT...
我喜欢你,但是……
I don't like you.
我不喜欢你。
YOU NEVER LISTEN.
你从不听我的话。
You never listen.
你从不听我的话。
I'LL BE READY IN A MINUTE.
我马上就好。
I'm ready, but I'm going to make you wait because I know you will.
我已经准备好了,可我就是想让你等,因为我知道你会等的。
OH, NO, I'LL FAY FOR MYSELF.
哦,不用了,我自己付。
I'm just being nice; there's no way I'm going Dutch.
我只是想表现一下,想跟我AA制,没门。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. a while
一段时间;一会儿;
eg. I faltered for a while and was still unable to make a decision.
我踌躇了一阵,还是无法做决定。
eg. After a while, I began to get bored with my job.
过了一段时间,我开始厌烦这份工作。
2. I can't believe
(表示惊奇)难以置信;
eg. I can't believe he got that money honestly.
我不相信他是靠正当手段弄到那笔钱的。
eg. I can't believe I fell flat on my face at the recital.
我简直不敢相信,我的演奏会完全失败了。
3. there's no way
没有可能;没门;
eg. There was absolutely no way that we were going to be able to retrieve it.
我们绝对不可能把它找回来。
eg. There's no way I'm agreeing to that!
这件事我决不同意!
4. go Dutch
各付各的账;平摊费用;AA 制;
eg. They decided to go Dutch.
他们决定各自付帐。
eg. We went Dutch on a meal in the new restaurant in Shaftesbury Avenue.
我们在沙夫茨伯里大道一家新开的饭馆里AA制吃的饭。