小故事背诵达人 第392期:Whiskey Does You Good
日期:2014-02-08 17:43

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

Whiskey Does You Good
威士忌对你有好处
A professor of chemistry wanted to teach his class a lesson about the evils of alcohol, so he produced an experiment that involved a glass of water, a glass of whiskey and two worms.
化学老师要给班里的同学们讲解酒的坏处,他用一杯水、一杯威士忌和两只蠕虫做了一个实验。
"Now, class, observe closely the worms," said the professor putting a worm first into the water. The worm in the water writhed about, happy as a worm in water could be.
“同学们,注意观察这两只蠕虫,”老师说着将一只蠕虫放入水杯中。这只虫子如鱼得水般地在水中扭动着。
The second worm, he put into the whiskey. It writhed painfully, and quickly sand to the bottom, dead as a doornail.
老师又把第二只蠕虫放进了威士忌酒杯,它痛苦地扭动着,很快沉到了杯底,死了。
"Now, what lesson can we derive from this experiment?" the professor asked.
“同学们,你们能从这个实验中得出什么结论呢?”老师问道。
Little Johnny, who naturally sits in back, volunteered, "Drink whiskey and you won't get worms!"
从来都是坐在教室后排的小约翰尼主动答道:“喝威士忌就不会长寄生虫!”

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. do sb. good
对…有好处(或有帮助);
eg. The outing will do me good.
这次远足对我会有所助益。
eg. It's probably done you good to get away for a few hours.
离开几小时或许对你有好处。
eg. You don't do anybody any good by getting yourself arrested.
你要是被抓了对谁都没有好处。
2. derive from
获得;取得;得到;
eg. Mr Ying is one of those happy people who derive pleasure from helping others.
英先生属于那种助人为乐的快活人。
eg. Mary has derived a lot of benefit from her tuition.
玛丽从她的教学中得到很大收益。
eg. We can derive great pleasure from our studies.
我们可以从读书研究中获得极大的乐趣。

分享到
重点单词
  • wormn. 虫,蠕虫 v. 蠕动,驱虫,慢慢探听出 n.
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • derivev. 得自,起源,引申于
  • outingn. 郊游,远足,外出
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得