小故事背诵达人 第425期:You Know the History
日期:2014-03-26 16:54

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

You Know the History
你知道的历史
Adam was walking around the Garden of Eden feeling very lonely, so God asked him, "What is wrong with you?"
亚当孤独地在伊甸园里游荡,上帝问他:“你怎么啦?”
Adam said he didn't have anyone to talk to.
亚当说没有人陪他说话。
God said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman.
于是上帝说要给他造一个伴——一个女人。
He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing she'll wash it for you.
上帝说:“女人会为你采集食物,给你做饭,你发现做衣服的材料时,她会帮人洗。”
"She will always agree with every decision you make.
“她会同意你做出的每个决定。”
"She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them.
“她会为你生孩子,而且不用你半夜爬起来照顾他们。”
"She will not nag you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement.
“她不会对你喋喋不休,在你们有不同意见时,她总会先承认错误。”
"All in all, she will enjoy being with you."
“总之,她很享受和你在一起。”
Adam asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?"
亚当问上帝:“这样的女人要我付出什么代价?”
God replied, "An arm and a leg."
上帝答道:“一只胳臂和一条腿。”
Then Adam asked, "What can I get for a rib?"
亚当问:“我用一根肋骨能得到什么?”
The rest is history...
后面的事情你们都知道了……

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. be wrong with
出毛病的,出故障的;
eg. We think there's something wrong with the computer.
我们认为计算机出了故障。
eg. There must be something wrong with my left arm, which is asleep.
我的左臂发麻,一定出什么问题了。
2. agree with
同意;赞成;意见一致;
eg. I see your point but I'm not sure I agree with you.
我明白你的观点,但恐怕我不能苟同。
eg. We should analyse what they said and not just agree with everything.
对他们的意见要加以分析,不要随声附和。
3. take care of
处理;应对;照顾;
eg. She helped take care of her aged grandmother.
她帮助照料年迈的祖母。
eg. The children can take care of themselves now.
孩子们已能自己料理生活。
4. all in all
总的说来;从各方面来说;总之;
eg. We both thought that all in all it might not be a bad idea.
我们两人都认为总的说来它或许不是个坏主意。
eg. All in all, it appeared that a pretty depressing summer awaited Jones.
总之,等待琼斯的似乎是一个相当令人沮丧的夏天。
5. enjoy doing sth.
喜欢做某事;
eg. I enjoy socializing with the other students.
我喜欢和同学来往。
eg. Most people enjoy reading about deceit and dishonesty in high places.
多数人喜欢阅读有关上层阶层中尔虞我诈的作品。

分享到
重点单词
  • ribn. 肋骨,肋状物 vt. 装肋于,用肋状物支撑
  • deceitn. 欺骗,诡计,不诚实
  • gatherv. 聚集,聚拢,集合 n. 集合,聚集
  • companionn. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶
  • nagn. 小马,驽马,竞赛马 v. 不断地唠叨恼人,说话唠叨
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • dishonestyn. 不诚实;不正直;欺诈
  • disagreementn. 不合,争论,不一致