小故事背诵达人 第501期:What Will Matter(1)
日期:2014-09-01 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

What Will Matter
何为重要
Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
不管你是否有所准备,某天一切都会走到尽头。不再有日出,没有白天,没有小时或分钟。所有你得到的东西,无论珍藏的还是被遗忘的,都会传给别人。
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
你的财产、名誉和一时的权力变得无关紧要。你曾拥有的和你被亏欠的已经不再重要。
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.
你的怨恨、愤恨、挫败及妒忌会最终消失。
So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will all expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
同样,你的希望、雄心、计划和工作表都将宣告终止。过去看得很重的输赢渐渐消失殆尽。
It won't matter where you come from, or on what side of the tracks you lived.
你来自何方,你曾经选择的生活轨迹已经不再重要。
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Your gender, skin color, ethnicity will be irrelevant.
你过去是否漂亮动人已不再重要。你的性别、肤色和种族已无关紧要。

何为重要.jpg

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. come to an end
结束;
eg. The term has come to an end.
学期结束了。
eg. Don't cry because it come to an end and smile because it happened.
不能因为它的结束而哭,应该为它的发生而笑。
2. pass to sb.
转移;移交;递;传递;
eg. I have something to pass to you.
我有东西要交给你。
eg. Upon his decease the house will pass to his wife.
他死后房屋归他太太所有。
3. fade away
变得不为人注意;变得无关紧要;
eg. The sound comes up and slowly fades away into the distance.
声音响起来,又慢慢消失在远处。
eg. Sometimes we maintain these friendships, and other times they fade away for whatever reasons.
有时我们维持住了友谊,而更多的情况下,友谊因为某种微不足道的理由消失殆尽。

分享到
重点单词
  • tracksn. 轨道(track的复数);磁道;轮胎
  • temporaladj. 当时的,暂时的,现世的 n. 世间的事物
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • irrelevantadj. 不恰当的,无关系的,不相干的
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石