小故事背诵达人 第431期:If You Are Warm and Happy
日期:2014-05-19 17:00

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

If You Are Warm and Happy
如果你温暖而快乐
Once upon a time, there was a nonconforming sparrow who decided not to fly south for the winter.
从前,一只不守常规的麻雀决定冬天的时候不飞去南方。
He said, "I've had enough of this flying south every winter, I'll just stay right here on this farm, what's the big deal, anyway?"
它说:“每年冬天都飞去南方,我受够了。这回我就要留在这儿,在这个农场里过冬,有什么大不了的?”
However, soon winter came and the weather turned so cold that he was afraid that he might freeze to death. So he reluctantly started to fly south.
然而不久,冬天就来了,天气很冷,麻雀担心自己会被冻死。于是它不情不愿地向南方飞去。
In a short time, ice began to form on his wings and he fell to earth in a barnyard, almost frozen.
飞不多久,它的翅膀上就结冰了。麻雀掉到一个谷仓旁的场地上,几乎冻僵了。
The poor bird was cold, tired and hungry. "Why did I stay?" he asked himself.
这可怜的小鸟饥寒交迫,而且累坏了,它问自己:“我为什么要留下来呢?”
A cow passed by and crapped on the little sparrow. The crap was too heavy for the sparrow to free himself and he thought it was the end. But, the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings.
一头牛路过这里,还在小麻雀的身上拉了好大一泡屎。小麻雀钻不出来,它想自己死到临头了。可没想到,热热的牛屎温暖了它,它翅膀上的冰化了。
Warm and happy, able to breath, he started to sing. Just then a targe cat came by and, hearing the chirping, went down to investigate the sounds.
温暖而快乐的小麻雀一能呼吸就开始唱歌。就在这时,一只大猫经过这里,听到了小麻雀的叫声,循声找了过来。
The cat cleared away the manure, found the chirping bird. The sparrow was so happy to be free from the crap that he thanked the cat who promptly ate him.
猫清走了牛屎,发现了唧唧喳喳的小麻雀。小麻雀重获自由太高兴了,它谢了猫。而猫——马上把它吃掉了。
The moral of the story:
这个故事的寓意是:
1. Just because someone craps on you, it does not make him your enemy.
1. 有人只是在你身上拉屎并不意味着他是你的敌人。
2. Just because someone gets you out the crap, it does not make him your friend.
2. 有人把你从屎里救出来并不意味着他就是你的朋友。
3. And, if you're warm and happy in a pile of crap, keep your mouth shut.
3. 如果你在一堆屎里感到温暖而快乐,记得把嘴闭上。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. once upon a time
(常用于儿童故事的开头)从前,很久以前;
eg. 'Once upon a time,' he began, 'there was a man who had everything.'
“很久很久以前,”他开始说道,“有这么一个人,他应有尽有。”
eg. Once upon a time, asking a woman if she has a job was quite a straightforward question.
从前,问一位女性是否有工作是个相当简单直接的问题。
2. pass by
从…旁边走过;经过;
eg. I see them pass by my house every day.
我每天看见他们从我家旁边经过。
eg. He gave me a cheery wink as I passed by.
我走过的时候他亲切地朝我眨眨眼睛。
3. clear away
将…收走;把…拿开;
eg. Our job is to clear away the rubbish.
我们的工作是清除这些垃圾。
eg. We must clear away the misunderstanding.
我们必须消除这个误会。

分享到
重点单词
  • promptlyadv. 敏捷地,迅速地
  • reluctantlyadv. 嫌恶地;不情愿地
  • winkn. 眨眼,使眼色,瞬间 v. 眨眼,使眼色,闪烁
  • straightforwardadj. 笔直的,率直的
  • manuren. 肥料 vt. 施肥
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损
  • investigatev. 调查,研究 [计算机] 研究
  • cown. 母牛,母兽 vt. 恐吓
  • freezev. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固 n. 结冰,冻结