小故事背诵达人 第449期:A Very Smart Dog
日期:2014-04-30 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

A Very Smart Dog
一只太聪明的狗
I went to the cinema the other day and in the front row was an old man and with him was his dog.
一天,我去电影院看电影,我的前排坐着一位老人和他的狗。
It was a sad funny kind of film, you know the type. In the sad part, the dog cried his eyes out, and in the funny part, the dog laughed its head off. This happened all the way through the film.
你知道啦,这是一部黑色喜剧片。演到伤心处,那只狗就痛哭流涕,而演到开心的地方,那只狗就狂笑不已。整个放映期间,那只狗就一直这样哭哭笑笑的。
After the film had ended, I decided to go and speak to the man.
电影结束后,我决定去和那位老人聊聊。
"That's the most amazing thing I've seen," I said. "That dog really seemed to enjoy the film."
“这是我见过的最神奇的事情了,”我说,“您的狗看来真是很喜欢这部电影。”
The man turned to me and said, "Yeah, it is. He hated the book."
老人看着我说:“当然,它喜欢看电影。它讨厌看那本书。”

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. cry one's eye out
痛哭;
eg. She cried her eyes out at the loss of the necklace.
她丢失项链后哭得很伤心。
eg. You can cry your eyes out all day, but you will get no sympathy from me.
你可以大哭一整天,但是我决不会同情你。
2. laugh one's head off
(表示强调)大笑;
eg. He carried on telling a joke, laughing his head off.
他继续讲笑话,自己笑得前仰后合。
eg. It's so funny that I laugh my head off.
这个太好笑了,以至我狂笑不已。
3. seem to do sth.
(在描述自己的感觉、想法、经历时用于缓和语气)好像,似乎;
eg. He doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation.
他似乎没有意识到形势的严重性。
eg. I can't seem to throw off this feeling of inertia.
我好像无法摆脱这种无力的感觉。

分享到
重点单词
  • sympathyn. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • necklacen. 项链
  • gravityn. 重力,严重,庄重,严肃
  • inertian. 惯性,惰性
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的