小故事背诵达人 第491期:I Wish You Enough(2)
日期:2014-08-18 17:15

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

"I heard you say 'I wish you enough' May I ask what that means?"
“我听到你说‘我希望你知足常乐,尽享人生’,那是什么意思?”
He began to smile. "That is a wish that has been handed down through the generations. My parents used to say it to everyone."
他露出微笑。“那个愿望是我们家代代相传的。我的父母过去常对每个人说。”
The man paused a moment, then looked up, as if trying to remember the details.
那人顿了一下,抬了抬头,像是在尽力回想其中的细节。
"When we say I wish you enough, we want the other persons to have a life filled with enough good things to sustain them."
“我们对人们说知足常乐,尽享人生,就是希望对方的生活里充满幸事,支撑他们走下去。”
He then turned to me and shared the following, as if he were reciting it from memory:
他转向我,对我说了下面这些话,像是在背诵:
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
我希望你有足够的阳光让你乐观。
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
我希望你有足够的雨水让你更加感激阳光。
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirits up.
我希望你有足够的幸福使你情绪激昂。
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
我希望你有足够的痛苦感受生命中微小的欢乐带来的幸福。
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
我希望你得到更多,满足你的需要。
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
我希望你失去更多,珍惜所有。
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final Goodbye.
我希望你在永别后能广交朋友。
Then the man began to sob and walked away.
那个人开始抽泣,然后走开了。

知足常乐.jpg

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. hand down
把…传下去;传给(后代);
eg. Many old legends were handed down from generation by mouth.
许多古老的传说都是一代一代口传下来了。
eg. We should hand the story down from generation to generation.
我们要把这个故事一代代传下去。
2. as if
好像;仿佛;
eg. The house seemed muted, hushed as if it had been deserted.
房子里似乎悄然无声,安静得好像已经没人在住一样。
eg. It's as if I'm living in a hazy dream world.
我好像生活在缥缈的梦境里。
3. be filled with
充满;
eg. He was filled with horror at the bad news.
听到这个坏消息,他心里充满恐怖。
eg. The forest was filled with the sound of running water.
森林中处处都能听到流水声。

分享到
重点单词
  • possessvt. 持有,支配
  • desertedadj. 废弃的,荒芜的,被遗弃的 动词desert的过
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • sustainvt. 承受,支持,经受,维持,认可
  • mutedadj. 柔和的;无言的;趋缓的 v. 使柔和(mute