(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
How to Control Your Wife
怎么管你老婆
There were three guys talking in the local pub. Two of them are talking about the amount of control they have over their wives, while the third remains quiet.
三个人在当地的小酒馆里喝酒。其中的两个在大谈自己怎样管老婆,第三个人一直都没说话。
After a while one of the first two turns to the third and says, "Well, what about you, what sort of control do you have over your wife?"
过了一会儿,那两个中的一人转向他说:“嘿,你怎么样,你怎么管老婆的?”
The third fellow says,"I'll tell you. Just the other night my wife came to me on her hands and knees."
他说:“我告诉你们,有一天晚上,我老婆跪着向我爬过来。”
The first two guys were quite amazed. "Wow! What happened then?" they asked.
那两个很是吃惊,问道:“哇,怎么会这样的?”
The third man took a healthy swallow of his beer, sighed and uttered, "She said, 'Get out from under the bed and fight like a man.'"
他喝了一大口啤酒,叹口气道:“她说,:‘从床底下出来像个男人一样跟我打。’”
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. amount of
总数;总额;
eg. He needs that amount of money to survive.
他需要那样一笔钱以生存下去。
eg. I still do a certain amount of work for them.
我仍然为他们做一些工作。
eg. No amount of coaxing will make me change my mind.
任你费尽口舌也不会说服我改变主意。
2. remain+形容词
保持;继续;持续;
eg. The three men remained silent.
这3个人保持着沉默。
eg. The situation remains tense.
形势持续紧张。
eg. Three out of four of them remained single.
他们之中四分之三的人仍是单身。