(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
How to Save Time?
怎样节约时间?
The efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "You don't want to try these techniques at home."
一个效率专家在结束报告时又加了一句告诫的话:“不要在家里随便尝试这些提高效率的技巧。”
"Why not?" asked someone from the back of the audience.
坐在后面的一个听众问:“为什么不能?”
"I watched my wife's routine at supper for years," the expert explained.
效率专家解释道:“我曾经连续几年观察我妻子做晚饭。”
"She made lots of trips to the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets, often carrying just a single item at a time."
“她做一顿饭要在冰箱、灶台、餐桌和橱柜间来来回回走上无数次,每次都只拿一样东西。”
"'Honey,' I suggested, 'Why don't you try carrying several things at once?'"
“于是我就建议她说:‘亲爱的,你为什么不一次多拿几样东西呢?’”
The voice from the back asked, "Did it save time?"
刚才提问的人又问道:“这样做节省时间了吗?”
The expert replied, "Actually, yes. It used to take her 40 minutes to get supper ready. Now I do it in twenty."
专家答道:“时间确实是节省了。以前她做一顿晚饭要花40分钟,现在我做就只有20分钟了。”
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. try doing sth.
尝试做某事;
eg. You can try swimming in winter to keep healthy.
你可以试着在冬天游泳来保持健康。
eg. If you're having trouble deciding when to hold on to something and when to let it go, try doing things backward.
如果你在烦恼什么时候去拥有一些东西和什么时候放手,试着考虑做事情的结果。
2. at once
同时;一起;
eg. You can't be doing two things at once.
不能一心二用。
eg. No bank could ever pay off its creditors if they all demanded their money at once.
如果所有的储户同时要求提取存款,没有哪家银行能办得到。
3. save time
节省时间;
eg. In the United States, many people try to save time.
在美国,许多人都尽量节省时间。
eg. We can save time if we go this way.
如果我们走这条路,就可节省时间。