(单词翻译:单击)
小故事
You cannot hear me. I am static and unmoving. But, I can hear your murmurs and your cries of pain and sadness. Your sons and daughters ask why? There are no answers. I am very old. I have seen everything and I am none the wiser for the pain and suffering and I have witnessed since I rose from the bowels of the earth. I have witnessed the conflict, the death, the civilizations, and the societies that have come before you. Yet I remain mystified about this day.
你听不到我的声音,因为我是静止的。但我却听到了你的低声诉语,你的痛苦哀号。你的子女们问“为什么?”这没有答案。我已经老了。我看到了一切。但我承认面对自己所目睹的苦难沧桑我并不是一个智者。我目睹了战争、死亡、人类文明,还有你不曾经历的人类社会,但我至今依然困惑不解。
I feel sad yet alive with a purpose. I have come to know those who are now an integral part of the reason for my being here at this place and time. That purpose has become apparent as I stand before you on this day while your brethren gather to witness my reflections and the changes of light that mirror your soul.
我感到悲伤,却清楚地感受到自己存在的目的。我渐渐了解那些刻在我身上的名字,是他们让我有了存在的理由。今天,当你们围聚在我身边,看那些名字在我身上的反射,而光线的变化也折射出你们的灵魂——我越发清楚我存在的目的。
I am a reflection of you…
我是你的映像……
I am all of you…
我是你的全部……
I am your spirit..
我是你的灵魂……
I am The Wall.
我就是那面墙……
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be mystified about
对……感到迷惑不解;
eg. I'm completely mystified about what happened.
我对所发生的事压根儿迷惑不解。
eg. And it makes me even more mystified about our failure to perform consistently.
同时我也更加疑惑我们为什么不可以踢得更加和谐。
2. come to do sth.
(经历漫长的过程或时间后)开始(做某事) ;
eg. People have come to understand that hybrid technology is not the only solution.
人们已经开始明白,混合技术并不是唯一的解决方案。
eg. And they have come to expect retailers to be nimble enough to meet them anywhere.
而且他们已经开始期望零售商足够灵活,能够随时随地在一切平台上为他们提供服务。
3. all of
一共;足足;至少;
eg. Not all of them were acting out of self-interest.
他们当中,并非所有人的行动都是出于利己的目的。
eg. Many women throw all of their energies into a career.
许多妇女把她们的全部精力投入到职业中。