小故事背诵达人 第406期:You Don't Know Who I Am
日期:2014-02-27 18:26

(单词翻译:单击)

小故事

You Don't Know Who I Am
你不认识我
One professor had a strict policy that the hourly examinations were done at the bell and anyone who kept writing on their exam paper after the bell would take a zero on the exam.
一个老师对于考试时间的要求极为严格,他规定铃响之后还在写的学生的考试成绩为零分。
Well, one guy kept writing on his exam paper for a while after the bell and then confidently strode up to turn it in.
可是,就有一个人在铃响后又继续写了一会儿,然后才自信地大踏步走上前来交卷。
The professor looked at him and said, "Don't bother to hand that paper in. You get a zero for continuing after the bell."
老师看着他说:“不用麻烦你来交卷了,铃响后你还没有停笔,你将为此得零分。”
The guy looked at him and said, "Professor, do you know who I am!!"
那学生看着他说:“老师,你知道我是谁吗!!”
The professor replied, "No, and I don't care if your dad is president of the United States... you get a zero on the exam."
老师答道:“不,我不在乎你爸爸是美国总统还是什么……总之,这门考试你要得零分。”
The guy, with a enraged look on his face, shouted, "You mean you have no idea who I am???"
那学生带着一脸愤怒的神情大叫道:“你是说你不认得我吗???”
The professor responded, "No, I've no idea who you think you are."
老师说:“不,我不知道你认为自己是谁。”
With that, the guy said, "good," plunged his exam into the middle of the stack of other student's exams, and did a hasty retreat from the examination room!!!
听了这话,那学生说:“很好。”接着用力地把自己的卷子插到一堆试卷中,然后迅速地从教室跑掉了!!!

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. don't bother to do sth.
不用费心做某事;
eg. Lots of people don't bother to go through a marriage ceremony these days.
如今很多人不再费心思举行婚礼。
eg. Do not bother to come and see me off.
别麻烦来送我了。
2. have no idea
(表示强调)不知道/一点儿都不知道;
eg. I have no idea what you mean.
我一点儿也不明白你的意思。
eg. We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。
3. plunge into
将…投入;将…插入;将…刺进;
eg. She plunged her face into a bowl of cold water.
她把脸扎进一盆凉水里。
eg. Moved to tears,he resolved to plunge into the new battles.
他感动得流下泪来,决心投入新的战斗。

分享到
重点单词
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • strictadj. 严格的,精确的,完全的
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • retreatn. 休息寓所,撤退,隐居 v. 撤退,向后倾
  • hastyadj. 匆匆的,轻率的,急忙的
  • plungev. 使投入,跳入,栽进 n. 跳入,投入 n.
  • ceremonyn. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,