小故事背诵达人 第263期:An Old Joke
日期:2013-07-19 16:40

(单词翻译:单击)

An Old Joke
老笑话
An elderly man went to a doctor with multiple complaints.
一个上了年纪的人带着港币病痛去看医生。
"I see spots before my eyes," he said.
“我眼前老是看到些斑斑点点的。”他说。
"It's due to old age," said doctor.
“那是年老的缘故。”医生说。
"No food agrees with me," said the man.
“我什么都不想吃。”老人说。
"That too is due to old age," said the doctor. "The digestive system becomes weaker as we grow older."
“那也是因为年老。”医生说,“随着年龄的增长,我们的消化系统也逐渐衰弱了。”
"My back is giving me trouble," persisted the man. "Sometimes the pain becomes unbearable."
“我的背也很痛。”老人继续说,“有的时候痛得都无法忍受。”
"Old age," said the doctor.
“年老的原因。”医生说。
This was too much for the man.
老人听不下去了。
"Why do you go on saying 'old age, old age'," he screamed. "If you cannot cure me, say so. I'll go elsewhere."
“你怎么总是说‘年老,年老’。”老人尖声叫道,“你要是治不了就说,我去别的地方。”
"See how easily you lost your temper," said the doctor. "That is another characteristic of old age."
“看看,你那么容易发脾气。”医生说,“这也是年老的另一个特征。”

分享到
重点单词
  • characteristicadj. 特有的,典型的 n. 特性,特征,特色
  • multipleadj. 许多,多种多样的 n. 倍数,并联
  • tempern. 脾气,性情 vt. 使缓和,调和 n. 调剂