小故事背诵达人 第166期:First Lesson
日期:2013-02-22 12:22

(单词翻译:单击)

21 First Lesson
21 第一课
The son of a merchant had agreed to join the family business, and on his very first day at the factory, his father took him to the balcony and said:"Now my son, I'm about to give you your first lesson in business. Stand on the edge of the balcony!"
一个商人的儿子决定进入父亲的家庭企业工作。他去工厂上班的头一天,父亲把他带到阳台上说:“听着,儿子,我要给你上生意场上的第一堂课。站在阳台边上。”


"On the edge, dad?" said the puzzled youth.
“爸爸,站在边上?”年轻人纳闷地问。
"On the very edge!"
“站在最边上。”
"Very well dad." the boy obeyed.
“那好吧,爸爸。”儿子照做了。
"Now, when I say 'jump!'." said his father, "I want you to jump."
“好,当我说‘跳’时,”父亲说,“你就得跳下去。”
"But it's 20-foot drop! Besides, no cushion there."
“可是,爸爸,这可是20多英尺高呢!下面连个垫子都没有!”
"My boy," said the father, "you want to learn the business, don't you?"
“儿子,”父亲说,“你要学做买卖,不是吗?”
"Yes, dad."
“是的,爸爸。”
"And you trust me?"
“那你相信我吗?”
"Yes, dad."
“是的,爸爸。”
"Right! Show your courage then do as I say! Jump!"
“那好,拿出你的勇气来。按我说的做——跳!”
The boy didn't bate anymore and he jumped. Only to crash painfully to the ground 20 feet below. One of his thighbone was broken. His father ran down the stairs to where the youth was lying.
小伙子不再争辩,跳了下去,结果浑身摔得生痛,一条大腿骨折了。父亲赶忙从楼上跑下去,来到儿子摔倒的地方。
"Now, my son!" said the father, "You have just learned your first lesson in business: NEVER-TRUST-ANYBODY!"
“听着,儿子,”父亲说,“你刚学到了做买卖的第一课,那就是——永远也别相信任何人!”

分享到
重点单词
  • puzzledadj. 困惑的;搞糊涂的;茫然的
  • merchantn. 商人,店主,专家 adj. 商业的 vt. 做买卖