生活情景口语第1期:人生的阶段(1)
日期:2012-04-05 20:03

(单词翻译:单击)

情景对话:

E : You know, Aiden, I don't know much about you. Where were you born?

你知道吗,Aiden,我不太了解你。你是在哪儿出生的。

A : I was born in London, but I spent most of my childhood in Hongkong.

我是在伦敦出生,在香港长大。

E : What was your childhood like?

你小时候过得怎样?

A : I had a pretty strict upbring, and my parents and I were always fighting about it.

小时候家教很严,那时候我经常和父母对着干。

E : Do you get along with your parents now?

那你现在和父母相处得怎么样呢?

A : Oh sure. Once they reached middle age, they became a lot less uptight.

哦,好多了。人近中年,心态平和多了。

E : Where did you go to university?

你在哪儿上的大学。

A : My parents wanted me to stay in Hongkong, but I decided to go back to England. I graduated from Oxford University with a degree in English Leterature.

我父母想要我留在香港,可是我自己决定回英国。后来,我从牛津大学毕业并且拿到了一个有关英国文学的学位。

E : What is your current occupation?

那你现在做什么工作呢?

A : I am a freelance writer. I write magazine articles and fiction books.

我是个自由撰稿人。给杂志写点文章,也写些小说。

E : Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer?

当作家是你一直以来的愿望吗?

A : No, I didn't. I was an English teacher for about five years, but by the time I was 30, I decided I wanted a fresh challenge.

不是。以前我坐过5年的英语教师。后来30岁那年,我觉得自己需要一些新鲜的挑战。

E : How did you start writhing?

那你是如何踏上写作之路的呢?

A : I start writing magazine articles for fun and eventually was asked to write a book, so I was pretty lucky.

起初我只是给杂志写些小文章,写着玩。后来就有人请我写书。其实我挺幸运的。

E : Are you writing a book now?

你手头上有正在写的书吗?

A : Yes, it is about a group of friends living in a foreign country and all the strange experience they have.

有的。是一本关于几个朋友生活在异国他乡的奇特经历。

E : Sounds interesting.

听起来很有意思。

语言要点:

1. know much about:对......知之甚多

2. spend one's childhood:度过童年

3. have a strict upbring:家教严厉

4. fight about:因......吵架

5. get along with:相处很好

6. reach middle age:进入中年

7. Oxford University:牛津大学

8. go back to:回到

9. a degree in:在(某学科)的学位

10. a freelance writer:自由撰稿人

11. a fresh challenge:新的挑战

12. for fun:找乐子,好玩地

活学活用:

I spent my childhood in Paris.

我的童年在巴黎度过。

I was brought up in Paris so it took a long time to get used to living in London.

我在巴黎长大,所以需要很多时间来适应伦敦的生活。

I had a very strict upbring.

我小时候受到的教育很严格。

I graduated from Cambridge University.

我毕业与剑桥大学。

My major is English Literature.

我主修英国文学。

The day I decided to change my career was the big turning-point in my life.

我决定换一种职业的那天是我人生的一个转折点。

本资料来自《生活英语情景口语100主题》一书,部分文字可可编辑原创。

分享到
重点单词
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • strictadj. 严格的,精确的,完全的
  • fictionn. 虚构,杜撰,小说
  • occupationn. 职业,侵占,居住
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后