生活情境口语之购物:误导人的广告(3)
日期:2011-11-17 14:41

(单词翻译:单击)

A: You don't often find these batteries on sale.
这新电池很难得打折。

B: I'm not sure that these batteries are on sale today.
我不确定这些电池是不是还在打折。

A: But the ad says they're on sale.
但是广告上说是打折的。

B: Yes, batteries are on sale, but not this brand.
是的,电池在打折,但是不是这个牌子的电池。

A: Well, what do you know? I picked up the wrong brand.
嗯,你知道什么?我挑错牌子了。

B: Yes, several customers have made that mistake today.
是的,今天有几个顾客也和你一样以为的。

A: Well, like many ads, it's deliberately confusing.
嗯,有很多广告都是有意误导人的。

B: I couldn't agree more. They write ads just to get you into the store.
我很赞成。他们学广告只是为了让你去光顾。

A: Well, I should know better by now.
嗯,现在我知道了。

B: If you can wait one minute, I'll bring you the batteries that are on sale.
如果你可以等一分钟,我可以给你拿些正在打折的电池过来。

分享到
重点单词
  • confusingadj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现
  • deliberatelyadv. 慎重地,故意地
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污