骑士与少女(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第31期:欧洲史(10)
日期:2015-08-28 16:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

日耳曼人.png

The Empire has been surrounded by Barbarians on all sides

整个帝国被所谓的野蛮人四面包围

In the North by Celts who were in Wales and Scotland

在北部有威尔士与苏格兰的凯尔特人

And Germans and, gosh, that's just a really tough word to use in English it's so much easier

还有Germans日耳曼人,那是一个很复杂的词,在英语中实在太复杂了,在德语中要简单得多

Because in German we talk about Die Germanen and then people who are Germans

因为在德语中我们会说Die Germanen来表示日耳曼人

when you think about Germans the Deutsches and Tacitus, the Roman historian

但当想表达德国人,德意志人的时候,你会想到塔西佗,那个古罗马历史学家

even refer to him as the Die Deutsche, the T becomes a D

按他的说法叫做Die Deutsche, T变成了D

So now we're using a little word Germans

所以英语中,我们现在只用一个简单的词 Germans

Don't think of what we're talking about

但其实我们指的并不是德国人

I'm talking about the Germanic people

我在谈论的是日耳曼人

We're talking about all these different tribes

我们正在谈论所有这些日耳曼部落

We're talking about the Nordic Germans

我们在谈论北欧日耳曼人

We're talking about all these

我们在谈论所有的这些

Germans in the heart of Europe the Parthians in the east

日耳曼人位于欧洲的心脏地带,帕提亚人则位于东欧

What happens for about 500 years,

这五百年间发生了什么我想用一个德语词来概括

I will use one of these German words that I've been kind of in a friendly manner criticized for by students in the past

我曾经友好地用这个词,却受到我的学生的诟病

A volk, a volk is a folk as a people right

Volk是人们所写的民俗传说

You probably heard in criticism the term Vandalous,

你大概在一些批评中听到过汪达尔人作风的这个词

You know, desire to wander, being used in English as a word,

你知道的,渴望游走,在英语中被作为一个单词使用

German word use

这个其实来源于德语的词根

So these are people migrations, people wandering

所以不停地有人们迁徙,游荡

What happens is Germanic tribes move all over the place

日耳曼部落不停地四处迁徙

I have a map I'll give you in just a second

我有一幅地图等一下会给你们

Not that I expect you to memorize it,

我并不希望你们去记住它

not that I will ever ask anything about it,

我也不会问任何关于这个的问题

but it shows you where some of the Germanic tribes are

但是这个地图将向你们展现一些日耳曼部落的分布

How many of you had Spanish?

你们之中有多少人上过西班牙语课

What's one of the big things

你们记得他们教给你重要的

that they teach you about the Iberian Peninsula?

关于伊比利亚半岛的历史事件之一是什么

What are the things that they say are critically important in the history of Spain?

在西班牙的历史中,他们认为至关重要的事件是什么

Yeah, What happened in the 8th century?

对,就是在八世纪的时候发生了什么

Early 700s

公元700年早期

Moors Invasion, alright?

摩尔人的入侵,对吗

Who were there before the Moors?

在摩尔人之前是谁在哪里呢

The Visigoths

是西哥特人

Who were the Visigoths?

谁是西哥特人呢

Visigoths had a kingdom there

西哥特人在那里建立了一个王国

Visigoths were the West Goths they are a Germanic tribe

西哥特人代表西部的哥特人,是一个日耳曼部落

And so on this one map you'll see basically see these Germanen had really pretty much overrun the Europe

所以在这张地图上基本上你可以看到日耳曼人,确实足迹遍布了整个欧洲

视频及简介

欧洲最早的人类居住遗迹可以回溯到公元前35000年的欧洲旧石器时代。定居点、农耕技术和驯养家畜出现于前7000年的欧洲新石器时代早期。从最早的有文字记载的文明到前1200年文明暂时倒退消失,铜是制作工具和武器的主要金属材料,历史学家把该时期命名为青铜时代。

欧洲古典时期从前700年古希腊文字再次出现开始。罗马共和国于前509年建立。罗马帝国的领土约于公元150年到达最大。395年,罗马帝国一分为二。476年,最后一个西罗马帝国皇帝罗慕路斯·奥古斯都被废黜,欧洲进入中世纪时期。


分享到