影视剧中的生活口语 第131期:堵车
日期:2016-07-29 13:25

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A: You back to invisible boy?
甲:你又恢复隐形人状态了?
B: Invisible suits me. I can go to school unshowered. I can forget to dress. Nobody cares. And now I have all the time in the world to focus on my Yale application. So...
乙:隐形人比较适合我。我可以早晨不洗澡就来上学。我可以不用刻意打扮,也没人会在意。现在我总算可以全力去准备申请耶鲁大学了,所以……
A:Don't you mean Dartmouth?
甲:你不是想去达特茅斯吗?
B: Yeah, well, it seems that Darmouth's whole English department was poached by Yale.
乙:是啊,不过貌似达特茅斯的整个英语系都是耶鲁的。
A: Wow. When's that application due?
甲:哇,申请什么时候截止?
B: Monday. Noah Shapiro's helping me choose which story to submit.
乙:星期一。诺亚·夏皮罗会帮我决定该送哪篇文章去。
A: What happened to that Jeremiah Harris guy?
甲:那个耶利米·哈里斯怎么办?

1107_73405386291.jpg


B: He, uh, well, after he fired me, I went ahead and sent my story to Shapiro anyway, and he...he...he loved it.
乙:他,呃,嗯,他炒掉我之后,我坚持己见还是把我的文章寄給了夏皮罗,他…… 他……他很喜欢。
A: That's great! Why haven't you told me any of this?
甲:那太好了!你怎么都不告诉我呢?
B: Well, I've barely seen you. You're always off at your internship. Hey. You have French first period. Aren't you gonna be late?
乙:我很少见到你啊。你老是在忙你的实。嘿,你第一节有法语课。想要迟到吗?
A: Uh. Uh, we have a sub, and he always starts late, so...
甲:呃,呃,我们的老师是代课老师,他总是迟一点才开始讲课,所以……
B: Okay. Well, I'm really late for Italian, so ciao, sorella mia.
乙:好吧。哦,不过我的意大利语课快迟到了,那就再见,我的小妹妹。
A: Hi. Laurel? Yeah, it's me. Sorry. I got stuck in traffic. I'll see you at Eleanor's in five, okay?
甲:嗨,劳雷尔?是,是我。抱歉啊,路上堵车了,我们五点在埃莉诺那儿碰面,好吗?

生活口语

A: Where are you, Jack? We are all waiting for you.
A:你在哪,杰克?我们都在等你呢。
B: I'm stuck in traffic.
B:我因塞车被堵在路上了
A: I'm stuck in traffic.

A: 我因塞车被堵在路上了。

B: I have already told you to take subway. You never listen to me.

B: 我跟你说了让你坐地铁。你从来都不听我的话

重点讲解:

I'm trapped on the road because of the traffic jam.
I'm stuck in traffic.
前面我们学到了"被困在电梯里",在英语口语中的表达是be stuck in the elevator,其中be stuck in的意思是"陷入;卡住不动",因此用于表示"被困在车流令动弹不得"非常形象。另外,"交通诸塞"也可以用traffic这个词来指代,比如We've unfortunately hit traffic.我们不巧碰上堵车了。

分享到