影视剧中的生活口语 第16期:父女关系
日期:2015-04-27 16:15

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

17 Again,《重返17岁》


A:That's my boy. Remember, it's not how big you are.

甲:这才是我的儿子。记住,问题不在于你有多出色。

B:It's how big you play.

乙:而在于你表现得多出色。

A:Right up here.

甲:来一个。

B:Uh, Maggie got into Georgetown.Maggie, that's awesome.Can you turn down the?Okay, guys, see you soon.Love you. Nice chatting with you.What the hell are you doing?Hey, that's my stuff.Why are you destroying our yard?

乙:嗯,玛姬进了乔治城大学。玛姬,这太棒了。你能不能关小点…好吧,孩子们,再见了。我爱你们,很高兴能和你们聊聊。你在干什么?嗨,那是我的东西。你为什么要毁掉我们的后院?



A:It's not our yard. It's my yard, remember?You took the road not taken. And I get the yard.I'm going to turn it into a showpiece for my clients.

甲:这里已经不是我们的后院了。这是我的后院,记得吗?你选择了你曾经没有选择的路。于是我得到了这后院。我正要把它变成一个给客户参考的样品。

B:Clients of what? Landscape design.

乙:什么的客户?园林设计。

A:Landscape design?

甲:园林设计?

B:I'm going to show people what I can do.

乙:我要让人知道我的本事。

A:Yeah,well,the divorce isn't final for another two weeks,so you have no right.

甲:好吧,但是,离婚手续还有2周才结束,所以你没有权利这样做。

生活口语

I just met Lucy who came back from Europe and brought her father loads of stuff.

我刚碰见从欧洲回来的露西,给她爸爸买了一大堆东西。

Well, she's a real daddy's girl.

她真是爸爸的孝顺女儿。

重点讲解:

She's a filial daughter.

She's a real daddy's girl.

评价某人很孝顺父亲时,用a filial daughter表达没错,但是filial是个比较正式的词,老外在日常生活中更常用a daddy's girl表达“孝顺的女儿”,而“孝顺的 儿子”则是a mama's boy。

分享到