影视剧中的生活口语 第117期:省吃俭用
日期:2016-07-02 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


A: Whoa, whoa, whoa! No more doggy treats. She's had enough.
甲:咳,咳,咳!别喂了,她吃得够多了。
B: But she's been so good.
乙:但她真是太乖了。
A: Yeah? Well, when she learns how to make granite sparkle, she can have more.
甲:是吗?等她学会把大理石擦亮.就能再多吃点了。
B: I'm giving her a treat.
乙:还是给她来一个吧。
A: Carlos, I said no. Fine, One treat. That's it. Those things are expensive, and until your disability kicks in,we have to tighten our belts.
甲:卡洛斯,我说了不行。好吧,就一次。就这样。那些狗粮很贵,在你恢复视力之前,我们件省着点。

853ae24013.jpg


B: So I guess that means you won't be getting your hair done anymore.
乙:我想那就是说你以后都不去做头发了吧。
A:Carlos, remember what my fingers look like? Just picture the middle one all by itself.Besides, you're the one who married me for my looks.
甲:卡洛斯,还记得我的手指是什么样的吗?想象一下只有中间那个竖起来的样子。还有,你是看我漂亮才跟我结婚的..
B:Well, I'm blind now, so as long as you use deodorant, I'm good.
乙:但现在我瞎了,所以你只要没体味,我就没意见。
A:Do you have any idea how selfish you sound right now? Just because you're blind, the world should suffer?
甲:你知道这话有多自私吗?仅仅是因为你自己瞎了,全世界都得跟着倒霉?
B: I'm just saying, you know, $300 visits to Mr. Francois.
乙:我只是想说,你每去一次弗朗索瓦那里就要花300美元。

生活口语

A: We've got to tighten our belt for the next month if we want to make the trip to Los Angeles.

A:如果我们想去洛杉肌旅行,下个月就要省吃俭用了。
B: Oh, yeah, it's my dream to visit the city.
B:哦,没错.去洛杉矶旅行可是我的梦想。


A: Since you're not working and my salary is the only income source of this family. We've got to tighten our belt.

A:由于你没工作,我的收人是这家的唯一的经济来源。我们得省吃俭用。
B: Sorry, honey, I promise I'll find a job soon.
B:真对不起,亲爱的,我保证尽快找到工作。
重点讲解:
We've got to be thriftier.
We've got to tighten our belt.
手头紧时,就要省吃俭用了,We've got to be thriftier. 虽然能表达此意,但是口语中更常见:We've got totighten our belt.这个说法,字面意思就是"勒紧裤腰带",这一点和中文的表达很相近。

分享到