影视剧中的生活口语 第37期:压力大
日期:2015-07-03 15:52

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》


A:How's your back?

甲:你的背怎么样?

B:If I don't breathe, great. God, it has been so long since my back has acted up. Then wham, out of the blue, I'm crying by a tree stump.

乙:如果我不喘气,就很好。上帝,我没有背痛很长时间了。后来,忽然间,我靠在 一个树桩上哭了。

A:Well, you're under a lot of stress. You got a new kid in the family. You're job hunting.

甲:唉,你压力很大啊。你家里多了个小孩子。你还在找工作。



B:Ugh. Are we gonna fight about that again? Because if so, I'm gonna need those last four muscle relaxants.

乙:呃,我们又要为那个吵架吗?因为如果是那样,我需要那最后四片肌肉弛缓药。

A:No, I don't wanna fight. In fact, I was thinking... If you can't find something you like in advertising, maybe you should cast a wider net.

甲:不,我不想吵架。事实上,我在想…如果你不能在广告业找到你喜欢的工作, 也许你可以找找别的工作。

B:Meaning what?

乙:什么意思?

A:You're a bright guy. Isn't there anything else you might wanna do?

甲:你是个聪明人。难道你没有其他想做的事么?

B:I'd like to play bass for Aerosmith.

乙:我想在史密斯飞船乐队弹贝斯。

A:Okay, let's call that the backup plan. But, seriously, don't you have some road not taken, some dream you never got around to?

甲:好吧,我们把它列入备选计划。但是,说正经的,你难道没有其他没走的路,没 有其他你还没有实现的梦想么?

生活口语

He's so stressed out at work. He started to smoke again.

他工作压力很大。他又开始抽烟了。

Oh, no, you should talk about it with him. It was not easy for him to quit.

哦,不是吧,你应该跟他谈谈。当初他戒烟多不容易啊。

重点讲解:

He's under a lot of work pressure.

He's so stressed out at work.

形容某人“工作压力大”,可以说He's under a lot of work pressure, under pressure有“面临压力,受到压力”的意思,但老外在口语中更常用be stressed out 来形容某人“压力很大”。

分享到