(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Finding Nemo,《海底总动员》
A:Oh! Big fella. Whale. OK. Maybe he only speaks whale. Mooo! Weee neeed...
甲:啊!大家伙。鲸。好。也许他只会说鲸语。我们,想…想要…
B:Dory? What are you doing? Are you sure you speak whale?
乙:多利?你在干什么?你肯定你说的是鲸语?
A:Can you give us directions?
甲:你能告诉我们方向吗?
B:Dory! Heaven knows what you're saying! See, he's swimming away.
乙:多利!只有鬼知道你在说什么!看,他走开了。
A:Cooome baaack.
甲:回来。
B:He's not coming back. You offended him.
乙:他不会回来了。你得罪了他。
A:Maybe a different dialect.
甲:也许该用另一种鲸语。
B:Dory! This is not whale. You're speaking upset stomach.
乙:多利!这根本不是鲸语。你说的是胡话。
A:Maybe I should try humpback.
甲:也许我应该试试座头鲸语。
B:Don't try humpback.
乙:别。
A:Wooooooo…
甲:喔…
B:You actually sound sick.
乙:难听死了。
生活口语
Sorry, I didn't quite get it.
抱歉,我没太听懂你在说什么。
OK. I will repeat what I said to you just now. Please listen carefully.
好的,我重复一下刚才跟你说的话请认真听我说。
重点讲解:
I don't understand what you were saying.
I didn't quite get it.
中学时,我们就认识understand这个词表示“理解,明白”,“你说话的内容”也可以表达为what you were saying,因此“我没太听懂你在说什么”这句话翻译成I don't understand what you were saying.没错的。不过老外更常用I didn't quite get it?其中get 这里表示“听懂了对方所讲的内容”。