(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》
A:Uh, will you excuse me? I,uh.I'm gonna go to the restroom to freshen up a little.
甲:呃,能失陪一下吗?我,呃…我要去下洗手间补妆。
B:Yeah, of course, of course. I think the bathrooms are...
乙:当然,当然可以。我想洗手间就在…
A:Uh, don't worry. I'll find them.
甲:呃,别担心,我自己找得到。
B:Oh, excuse me, sir. Uh, how much is that duck she just ordered?
乙:打扰一下,先生。呃,她刚刚点的鸭子多少钱?
A:$78, sir.
甲:78美元,先生。
B:Okay, right. Thank you. Um, you know what? Can you just cancel my main dish, and I'll just have the appetizer as the main?
乙:好的,谢谢。知道吗?能把我的主菜取消了吗?我拿开胃菜当主菜就行。
A:Of course, sir.
甲:当然可以,先生。
B:Thank you. Thank you. Merci.
乙:谢谢,谢谢了。
生活口语
Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.
抱歉,我要上厕所。
Ok. I will wait for you in the lobby.
好的。我在大堂等你。
重点讲解:
I have to go to the bathroom.
I need to use the bathroom.
“我要上厕所”这句话表达的是一种需要和要求,目的是告知他人自己要做这件事情,因此用need就可以表示出这种主观的需求。而have to则含有“必须,一定做某事”的意思,不如need委婉。