影视剧中的生活口语 第127期:预定已满
日期:2016-07-21 14:07

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》



A: Good afternoon. I'm, uh, Bree Hodge, and you are?
甲:下午好,我是,呃,布里·霍奇。你是?
B: Name's Gus, and we're all booked up.
乙:我叫格斯。房间都订满了。
A: Actually, Gus, um, I'm here to see one of your guests-a gentleman named Faladi.
甲:事实上,格斯,嗯,我是来找你们的一位客人的,一位叫法兰第的先生。
B: Oh, yeah, came in about an hour ago. You want me to call him for you?
乙:哦,没错,一个小时前住进来的。你需要我给他打电话吗?
A: No, no, no, no! I'd like you to take me to his room and unlock it so I can walk in unannounced.
甲:不,不,不,不!我要你带我去他房间,给我开门,这样我就能悄悄地进去了 "
B: Lady, I can't do that. Besides, he has a girl in there.
乙:女士,我不能那么做。另外,他屋里有个女孩。
A: Yes, I know. She's my daughter, my 17-year-old daughter.
甲:是的,我知道,她是我女儿,我十七岁的女儿。

01n5rkX7k_1190117281.jpg


B: Yeah. Uh, that would be, uh, room, uh, 17. Now there's irony for you. You don't have a gun in there, do you? Because I just put down new carpet.
乙: 好吧,呃,那是,呃,十七号房间。对你来说是个讽刺吧,你没带枪吧?我刚刚换过地毯。
A: Oh, Gus, I don't plan anything unpleasant. I'm simply going to inform Mr. Faladi what repercussions he faces if he continues this relationship and trust him to see reason.
甲:哦,格斯,我没打算做什么让人不愉快的事情。我只是要去告诉法兰第先生,如果他继续这段关系,他将面临怎样的影响,相信他就会知道原因所在了。
C: What the hell!
丙:见鬼!
D: Mom! What are you doing here?
丁:妈妈!你在这儿做什么?
C: You just can't walk right in here.
丙:你不能就这么进来。
D: How can you do this to me?
丁:你怎么能这么做?
C: What makes you think that you can walk in here?
丙:你凭什么可以随便进来?

生活口语

A: Can you help me to book a table of 4 people near the window?
A:你能帮我订一张靠窗的四人桌吗?
B: I'm sorry we're booked solid tonight.
B:对不起,今天晚上都订满了。

A: I'd like to reserve a king room on the non-smoking floor.
A:我想订一间无烟楼层的大床房。
B: I'm sorry we're booked solid tonight.
B: 对不起,今天晚上都订满了。

重点讲解:

My apology. We're all booked up tonight.
I'm sorry we re booked solid tonight.
想要用英语表示"车票、座位等全部订完",我们可以用短语book up或 be booked solid来表示。其中be booked solid指的是"预约的单子已经写得满满的",更符合"满座、爆满"的情境。同时be booked solid还有"时间安排已满"的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • apologyn. 道歉;勉强的替代物
  • informv. 通知,告诉,向 ... 报告,告发
  • ironyn. 反讽,讽剌,讽剌之事
  • reserven. 预备品,贮存,候补 n. 克制,含蓄 vt. 保留
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的