影视剧中的生活口语 第65期:喜好
日期:2015-09-29 17:22

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》


A:You know, I'd love to hear more about how you intend to add neutrinos. Could we get a cup of coffee sometime?

甲:我很想听你讲讲如何加入微中子的。啥时候去喝杯咖啡吧?

B:I don't drink coffee.

乙:我从不喝咖啡。

A:I do. I love me a cup of Joe.

甲:我喝,爱我,就请我喝一杯咖啡。



B:Well, it doesn't have to be coffee. How about dinner?

乙:那,不一定非要喝咖啡。一起吃晚餐如何?

A:I do eat dinner.

甲:晚饭当然要吃。

B:Great. I know a terrific little Italian place.

乙:很好。我知道有家意大利餐斤,超棒。

A:I never eat in strange restaurants. One runs the risk of non-standard cutlery. Excuse me?

甲:我从不去陌生的餐厅吃饭。指不定就用那些不合格的餐具了。什么?

B:Sheldon lives in fear of the three-tined fork.

乙:谢尔顿惧怕三尖叉子。

A:Three tines is not a fork. Three tines is a trident. Forks are for eating, tridents are for ruling the seven seas.

甲:三尖的根本不能叫叉子,那叫三叉戟。叉是用来吃东西的,而三叉戟是用来治理 七大洋的(希腊神话中海神的兵器就是三叉戟)。

生活口语

Linda, you've got to try this chocolate cake.

琳达,你得尝尝这个巧克力蛋糕。

Thank you, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

谢谢,不过我不是那么爱吃甜食。

重点讲解:

I don't really like sweets.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

表示“不爱…,不喜欢…”,我们第一个就会想到don't like sth.这个说 法。而在英语中表达这一意思的方式有很多,don't have much of sth.就是其中一 种常见表达。此外,在表达“爱吃甜食”时,老外通常会用have sweet tooth。

分享到
重点单词
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • cutleryn. 刀具,刀具业