影视剧中的生活口语 第99期:收拾行李
日期:2016-01-26 18:41

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gilmore Girls,《吉尔莫女孩》


A:Maybe we should take a trip this year.

甲:也许我们今年应该出去度假。

B:That would be nice.

乙:那太好了。

A:Maybe Rory could go with us.

甲:也许罗里可以跟我们一起去。

B:I'll start packing tomorrow. Oh, is that you guys?

乙:那我明天就要开始收拾行李了。哦,这是你们俩吗?

A:Yes, it is.

甲:是的。

B:That is our wedding picture.

乙:这是我们的结婚照。

A:It's an amazing dress.

甲:这条裙子太美了。

B:It should've been. My mother had three seamstresses working around the clock making it.

乙:那是当然。我母亲雇了三个女裁缝赶了一整天才做出来的。

A:Do you still have it?

甲:这条裙子还在吗?

B:It's upstairs packed away somewhere. I'll save it for you if you like.

乙:我把它收拾好放在楼上了。如果你喜欢我就把它留给你吧。

A:Oh, Emily, Rory's too young to be thinking about things like that.

甲:哦,艾米丽,罗里还太小,不到考虑这些事儿的年龄呢。



B:Oh, Richard, please. Every young girl thinks about her wedding. I know I did. I knew from the time I was twelve that I wanted lilies and orchids with a silver bow wrapped around them for my bouquet.

乙:哦,理查德,拜托。每个小女孩都会对自己的婚礼充满幻想。我小的时候也是这样。从12岁开始,我就想好要用绑着银色蝴蝶结的百合和兰花作婚礼捧花。

生活口语

I'm so excited because we are heading for Singapore this Friday night.But packing is really a tough job.

我太兴奋了,周五晚上我们就要去新加坡了。可是收拾行李真是个体力活。

Don't worry. I will go to help you do the packing and drive you to the airport on Friday.

不用担心,周五我去帮你打包,然后开车送你去机场。

重点讲解:

Packing is a laborious job.

Packing is really a tough job.

形容词laborious的意思是“费力的,吃力的,牵强的”,用在这里并没有错,但是laborious常作为书面语出现,口语中用到比较多的是tough。除了表示 “费力的”意思之外,tough还有“坚韧的”、“咬不动的”、“顽固的”意思,在日常用语中使用广泛。

分享到
重点单词
  • bouquetn. 花束 n. 酒香
  • bown. 弓 n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头 v. 鞠躬,成弓形,
  • headingn. 标题,题目,航向 动词head的现在分词