影视剧中的生活口语 第18期:不同之处
日期:2015-05-04 16:10

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》


A:So are the rest of the guys meeting us here?

甲:其他的人直接来这找我们?

B:Oh, yeah... no. It turns out that Raj and Howard had to work and Sheldon... had a colonoscopy and he hasn't quite bounced back yet.

乙:对...不对。拉杰跟霍华德要工作,谢尔顿...做了肠镜,还没恢复过来。

A:Oh, my uncle just had a colonoscopy.

甲:我叔叔也做了肠镜。



B:You're kidding. Then that's something we have in common.

乙:你在开玩笑吧。这就是我们俩的共同之处了。

A:How?

甲:怎么说?

B:We both have people in our lives who... want to nip intestinal polyps in the bud.

乙:我们都认识...想将肠道息肉扼杀于摇篮当中的人。

A:so what's new in the world of physics?

甲:物理界有啥新闻不?

B:Nothing.

乙:没有。

A:Really? Nothing?

甲:真的? 一点都没有?

B:Well, with the exception of string theory, not much has happened since the 1930s. And you can't prove string theory. At best you can say,Hey, look, my idea has an internal logical consistency.

乙:除了弦理论,自1930年后就没什么发现了。而弦理论也尚未证明。最多就能说,嘿,我的理论内部逻辑很连贯。

生活口语

Have you met my sister's new boyfriend?I don't get why she likes that guy. I don't see eye to eye with my sister.

你见过我妹妹的男友吗?我不懂她为何喜欢那样的男生,这一点我真不敢苟同。

Well,people have different taste.

每个人品位不同嘛。

重点讲解:

My sister and I always have different opinions.

I don't see eye to eye with my sister.

在表达意见不同时,老师教给我们最常用的是different opinions,但其实老外常用don't see eye to eye with sb.,该短语字面意思是“和某人对不上眼,”可引申为“想法意见不一致”的意思。

分享到