影视剧中的生活口语 第21期:缺钱
日期:2015-05-11 16:10

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》


A:No,no, no,no. You're right. We're not going out anymore,I should pay myself.What?

甲:不,不,不,不,你是对的。我们不再约会了,我应该付自己那份。你说什么?

B:He said,“If he had woman parts,he'd eat for free the rest of his life.”

乙:他说,“如果他有女性器官,他愿意余生都吃白食。”

A:Yeah, but you wouldn't be able to talk to yourself.I'm a little low on cash.

甲:没错,但你就不能和自己说话了。我现金没带够。

B:How much you got?

乙:你带了多少?

A:Nothing.

甲:一分也没有。



B:How can you walk around with no money?

乙:你没带钱怎么敢出门?

A:I'm cute. I get by.

甲:我漂亮呗,总有办法活下去。

B:It's okay, you can owe me. Thank you. Sheldon,six bucks.

乙:好吧,就当你欠我的。谢谢,谢尔顿,给我6美元。

A:No,thank you. I'm not eating pizza tonight.

甲:不,谢谢,我今晚不吃披萨了。

B:But it's Thursday. Thursday's pizza night.

乙:但今天是星期四,星期四是披萨之夜。

A:Not for me. Thursday is now Cruciferous Vegetable Night. Tonight's selection: Brussels sprouts.

甲:对我来说不是。星期四现在是十字花科蔬菜夜。今晚的选择是:球芽甘蓝。

生活口语

Hi, Mike, I need to ask you a favor.

嗨,迈克,我想求你件事。

I know maybe you're a little short on cash. I can lend you some.

我知道你手头可能有点紧。我可以借你些钱。

重点讲解:

I know you might have a cash-flow problem.

I know maybe you're a little short on cash.

如何表达“手头有点紧”?用have a cash—flow problem语法上没错,其中 cash-flow就表示“资金流动”,但是这么表达稍显正式,老外在口语中常用be short on cash表示“手头没钱”。

分享到