(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Friends,《老友记》
A:Hey, woah, let's go down there and get your hat back.
甲:嗨,我们下去把你的帽子拿回来吧。
B:No, forget it, it's probably stripped and sold for parts by now.
乙:不,算了吧,很有可能都已经剥开了分块卖了。
A:(seeing TV) Hey, I went up.
甲:(看着电视)嗨,我上去了。
B:What?
乙:什么?
A:My stock, MEG, it went up 2 points. Hey guys, do you realize that if I had invested my 127 in myself yesterday that I'd like have...a lot more than that today? Ya know what, I'm
甲:
B:gonna do it.
乙:我的股票,MEG,它升了两点。嗨,你们意识到了吗?如果昨天我把我127美元投资到我股票身上,现在我就有…比现在多得多的钱了。你们猜怎么着,我要干这个。
A:Do what?
甲:干什么?
B:Put all my money in me.
乙:把钱投到(股票)上。
A:Monica, what are you talking about? You don't know the first thing about the stock market.
甲:莫妮卡,你在说什么?你对股市一无所知。
B:What's to know? Buy sell, high low, bears bulls...(on the phone)Yes Manhattan...yeah telephone number of the stock...selling store.
乙:有什么难的?买呀卖的,高呀低的,熊呀牛的...(在打电话)喂,曼哈顿,对,我要股票交易所的电话号码。
生活口语
I want to gamble in stocks with the hope of gains.
我想要冒险投资股票,希望能有收益。
If I were you,I would give it a second thought.
如果我是你,我就会再慎重考虑一下。
重点讲解:
I'd like to take the risk in investing in stocks with the hope of gains.
I want to gamble in stocks with the hope of gains.
当拥有一定的存款就想要投资,表达“冒险投资股票”可以说:take the risk in investing in stocks,短语take the risk就表示“冒险”,口语中用gamble in更能凸显出其风险性,gamble本意是“赌博”,gamble in的意思就是“冒险去做某事”。