影视剧中的生活口语 第88期:便宜货
日期:2015-12-03 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

A:Hang on, hang on. Do you not realize what we just did?

甲:等等,等等。你不会没发觉我们刚做了什么吧?

B:Yeah, you turned your stereo down with your laptop.

乙:当然,你们用笔记本把声音调小了。



A:Uh, no. We turned our stereo down by sending a signal around the world via the Internet.

甲:噢,不。我们是通过网络发送了一个信号,信号周游世界一圈后把音响声关小了。

B:Oh, you know you can get one of those universal remotes at Radio Shack?They are really cheap.

乙:哦,你知道你可以在无线电广播室拿一个这样的全球遥控装置,价格相当便宜。

A:No, no. No, you don't get it. Uh, Howard, enable public access.

甲:不,不。你还是没明白。呃,霍华德,启动公用通路。

B:Public access enabled.

乙:公共通路启动。

A:Boy, that's terrific, but I'll see ya.

甲:小子,不错哈,回见。

B:No, hang on, hang on... see?

乙:别,等等,等等。瞧见没?

A:No.

甲:不懂。

B:Someone in Sichuan province, China is using his computer to turn our lights on and off.

乙:在中国的四川省,有个人在用他的电脑在控制我们的台灯。

A:Huh, that's handy. Um, here's a question. Why?

甲:呵,那可真方便,可问题是,为什么?

B:Howard, Rajesh, Sheldon, Leonard: Because we can.

乙:因为我们有才。

生活口语

This is a good deal.

真是买到便宜货了。

How much does it cost?

那这个多少钱?

重点讲解:

This is good for the price.

This is a good deal.

单词deal除了作动词有“处理,经营”的意思,还可以作名词,表示“买 卖,交易”,因此老外在买到便宜货的时候,会用good deal来表示“物美价廉”。This is good for the price并没有什么语法措误,只是不够地道。

分享到
重点单词
  • signaln. 信号,标志 v. (发信号)通知、表示 adj.
  • universaladj. 普遍的,通用的,宇宙的,全体的,全世界的 n.