影视剧中的生活口语 第27期:挥霍
日期:2015-06-02 16:28

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A:You girls have been getting a lot of press.You got talent.Who's the designer?

甲:你们这些女孩吸引了很多媒体啊,很有天賦。谁是设计师?

B:It's me.

乙:我。

A:And I'm the face of the line and the brains behind the operation.

甲:我是这个时装系列的模特,还负责运营管理。

B:Who do you imagine your client will be?

乙:你们觉得自己的目标客户是哪些人?

A:Girls like us.

甲:像我们一样的女孩。



B:Sophisticated girls with a bit of edge,who can afford hiuh-end product,and I know these girls and their style,because I'm their peer,so that's what makes me unique as a designer.

乙:经验丰富,有点个性的女孩,而且能够买得起奢侈品的,我了解这样的女孩和她们的风格,因为我和她们是同龄人,所以这也是我作为设计师的独特之处。

A:What's the name of the label?

甲:品牌名字叫什么?

B:Vixen dresses,Inc.

乙:雌狐时装公司。

A:J.Humphrey designs.We haven't fully decided yet clearly,but,it really doesn't matter,because we're just here to take the work to the next level.

甲:珍妮汉弗莱设计公司。显然我们还没做最终决定,但是,这不是很重要因为我们来这儿是想让工作能更进一步。

生活口语

Last week I went shopping with Caroline. You're right. She spends money as if it were going out of style.

上周我和凯若琳去购物。你说得对,她花起钱来毫无节制。

Told you before. But you can't compare to her; her family is rich.

早告诉你了。但你不能和她比,她家里有钱。

重点讲解:

She has no control when it comes to spending money.

She spends money as if it were going out of style.

有些人花钱“大手大脚”,毫无节制,英语中我们可以说:She has no control when it comes to spending money.句型when it comes to…表示当涉及…时”,但口语中还有一个更贴切的说法,即She spends money as ifit were going out of style, go out of style表示落伍,跟不上。

分享到