影视剧中的生活口语 第29期:攒钱
日期:2015-06-10 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Bridal Wars,《新娘大作战》


A:It's a hedge fund, babe.We don't do a lot of tax prep.

甲:宝贝,我做的是对冲基金,我们不怎么弄税。

B:Whatever.You do our taxes.

乙:我不管那么多,我们的税都是你在弄。

A:Fletch has been my accountant for six years.I'm going.You're being ridiculous.Just have a double wedding.

甲:弗兰彻给我当了6年会计。我要走了。你太无理取闹了,举行双人婚礼不就行了。

B:What are we, 41-year-old twin sisters?

乙:当我们什么人啊,41岁的老双胞胎姐妹?



A:Babe! Double wedding.

甲:宝贝,双人婚礼!

B:A double wedding.I think that's a great idea.It would be a hell of a party!

乙:双人婚礼,我觉得这点子很棒。那该多热闹啊!

A:You know, uh, no.I've shared everything my whole life with Liv.I'd kinda like my own day just…just once.

甲:你知道的,噢,不。这辈子我什么事都跟丽芙分享。我只是希望那天完全属于自己…就一次。

B:I know, bug.Is this everything? This is all your gas receipts.

乙:我知道,姑娘。这是全部的吗?煤气收据都在这。

A:Threw it all in the shoe box.I don't know.

甲:都是随手往鞋盒里扔的,我也不清楚。

B:It's my dream too.To get married at the Plaza.I have been saving since I was 16.I just need a few more days to...let it go.I'll find a new dream.Liv's reasons are better than mine.

乙:在广场酒店结婚也是我的梦想。我从16岁起就开始存钱了。我只是需要几天时间…去放弃。我会找到新的梦想的,丽芙有比我更好的理由。

生活口语

Don't worry.I can loan you some money to tide you over.I've been saving for a rainy day.

不用担心我可以借给你些钱渡过难关。我一直在攒钱以备不时之需。

It's so nice of you to do so.I promise I'll pay you back as soon as the business looks up.

太感谢你了。我保证生意一有好转,我就还你钱。

重点讲解:

I've been saving up in case of need.

I've been saving for a rainy day.

我们常说“攒钱以备不时之需”,英文中也有对应的表达,即save for a rainy day,字面意思是“要为小雨天储备”,也就是说要“未雨绸繆”,虽然save up in case of need 也可表达此意,但save for a rainy day 更地道一些。

分享到