影视剧中的生活口语 第44期:反胃
日期:2015-07-20 16:20

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

A:I'm going to talk anyway.

甲:反正我要说。

B:I assumed you would.

乙:我猜也是。

A:Now that I'm actually about to go out with Penny, I'm not excited-I'm nauseous.

甲:现在我真要和佩妮出去了,我却不兴奋—我觉得恶心。

B:Ah, then your meal choice is appropriate.Starch absorbs fluid which reduces the amount of vomit available for violent expulsion.

乙:啊,那你点餐点对了。淀粉会吸收液体,减少可用于突然喷发的呕吐量。

A:Right.

甲:对。



B:You also made a common grammatical mistake. You said “nauseous,” when you meant “nauseated.” But go on.

乙:你还犯了一个常见的语法错误。当你的意思是“恶心”时,你说“令人作呕”。不过继续。

A:Sheldon, this date is probably my one chance with Penny. What happens if I blow it?

甲:谢尔顿,这个约会可能是我跟佩妮唯一的机会。如果我搞砸了怎么办?

B:Well, if we accept your premise and also accept the highly improbable assumption that Penny is the only woman in the world for you, then we can logically conclude that the result of blowing it would be that you end up a lonely, bitter old man with no progeny.

乙:好吧,如果我们接受你所说的前提和那个极不可能的假设,即认为佩妮是这世界上你的唯一,那么我们就可以逻辑地得出结论,搞砸了这次约会,你就会变成一 个孤单痛苦、无子无孙的老男人。

生活口语

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

I feel sick to my stomach. What spice did you add to this soup?

这让我反胃。你在汤里加了什么调料啊?

I just put some coriander. Does it taste that bad?

我就是放了点香菜。味道有那么糟吗?

重点讲解:

It turns my stomach.

I feel sick to my stomach.

如果吃坏东西,觉得恶心、反胃,英语里可以说It turns my stomach.从字面上也能猜出其意思,但是口语里更常用I feel sick to my stomach.这句话也常用 于表达对某事或某人感到很厌恶,以至到了恶心的程度。

分享到