影视剧中的生活口语 第89期:犯错
日期:2015-12-08 18:46

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A:Oh, thank god! Betty? Hi, excuse me. Mum...

甲:唉.谢天谢地!贝蒂?抱歉,妈…

B:Would you pardon me for a moment, please?

乙:能等我一会儿吗?

A:I need to trade back. All right, you can keep the scar I and the shoes.

甲:我得换回来。好吧,围巾和鞋你留着。

B:I'm sorry, but that's just not going to be possible.

乙:抱歉,但那是不可能的。



A:What? Why?

甲:什么?为什么?

B:You know, when you leave here with an item, you're agreeing to its value. The Dolce sold at S 1,200. The Valentines... It is seven times that.

乙:你看,当你把一件东西留在这儿的时候,意味着你己经了解了它的价值。杜嘉班纳只卖1200美金,而瓦伦蒂诺…可是这个价钱的七倍。

A:Please look, this has sentimental value, and I didn't realize.

甲:求你了,它对我很有纪念价值,只是我之前没有意识到,

B:No,I'm sorry.

乙:不行,抱歉。

A:A couple of hours ago, this dress were mine,all right? Doesn't even have tags on it yet.

甲:几个小时以前,这衣服还是我的好吗?上面甚至还没挂上标签。

B:Look, it's not my fault that you don't know what a Valentine's worth.

乙:哎,这不是我的错,你不了解瓦伦蒂诺的价值。

A:Hello? Nate, it's Jenny.

甲:嘿,奈特.我是珍妮。

B:What's going on?

乙:发生了什么吗?

A:Listen, I wouldn't be calling you. I have anyone else to turn to. But I made a mistake, and I need to fix it. And I really need borrow some money. I...

甲:你听着,我本来不会打电话给你的,我可以向任何人需求帮助。但是我犯了一个错误,我得补救。并且我真的很需要筹钱,我…

B:Jenny, just slow down.

乙:珍说,慢点说。

A:I promise I'll pay you back.

甲:我保证我会还给你的。

B:Is everything okay?

乙:你还好吗?

A:Ah, I just...I made mistake, and I need to fix it.

甲:啊,我只是…我犯错了,得补救。

生活口语

That total is really high. Can you add it up again?

总价太高了。你能重新计算下吗?

Ok. Just a moment please.

好的,请等一下。

重点讲解:

That total is really high. Can you check the sum total again?

That total is really high. Can you add it up again?

提到“检查、核对”,我们会立刻想到check这个单词,不过在算错价格这个情境下,顾客要求重新计算价格,也就是把各项费用加起来求总合,因此用add it up这个短语会更加合适一些。

分享到
重点单词
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • sentimentaladj. 感伤性的,感情脆弱的
  • scarn. 疤痕,伤痕,断崖 v. 结疤,使 ... 有伤痕,