影视剧中的生活口语 第83期:商场减价
日期:2015-11-20 18:07

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Growing Pains,《成长的烦恼》


A:Ok, but did you actually hear Kevin say that he thought you look like a gummy bear?

甲:好吧,那你真的亲耳听到凯文说他认为你长得像小熊软糖?

B:No, but Melissa said she heard he said it.

乙:那倒没有,可是梅丽莎说她听凯文说过。

A:Why do you believe everything Melissa said she heard?

甲:那为什么梅丽莎说什么你就信什么呢?



B:Well, she does make me wonder sometimes. I mean she swore she saw Mick Jagger in Jiessie Panny last week.

乙:呃,有时候她的确是让我感到怀疑。我的意思是,她发誓说上星期她在杰西潘尼店里看到了米克贾格。

A:Well, they did have that big sale on home furnishings.

甲:哦,那家店的确有家具大减价活动。

B:Dad.

乙:爸爸。

A:Come on. I just think that you should take your cues about what Kevin thinks from what Kevin says himself.

甲:要我说嘛,想知道凯文到底是不是这么想的,你得听他亲口说才行。

B:Yeah, you're right. I need new ice skates.

乙:嗯,你说的很对,我得买双新的溜冰鞋。

A:Did I miss something?

甲:我错过了什么吗?

B:Well, everybody's gonna be at skating rink tomorrow night and I can ski by Kevin and see if he says anything to me.

乙:明天晚上我们要去溜冰场。到时候我就挨着凯文滑,看他跟我说什么。

A:Tomorrow morning you and I go down to the Macy's and we buy a brand new pair of skates who knows maybe we'll run in the Tina Tuma in smaller blanks.

甲:明天上午咱们就去美西百货公司给你买双新的,没准在商品小柜台还能遇上蒂 娜.特纳,这也说不准哦。

B:Thanks dad.

乙:谢谢爸爸。

生活口语

The department store will have a big sale on Valentine's Day.

情人节耶天酉货商店有促销。

That's wonderful! I'll ask my boyfriend to go shopping with me after work on that day.

太好了!那天下班后我要叫我男朋友陪我一起去逛街。

重点讲解:

The department store will have a sales promotion on Valentine's Day.

The department store will have a big sale on Valentine's Day.

我们都知道单词promotion有“推销,促销”,但是口语中在描述“商场有促销活动”时,却不常用sales promotion,而是要用have a big sale来表示,即The department store is having a big sale.

分享到
重点单词
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污